Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Idol Thoughts

Amanda - It was OK. I'm tired of her and I don't like "Back in the USSR."

KKKristy - Ummm...maybe you should have listened to some of the songs before you chose one. I thought that was horrendous. Very awkward movements.

David A - Pretty good. Hate that song. He still bothers me for some reason.

Michael - I laughed out loud when he said he wasn't wearing an earpiece (I didn't think he had been wearing one when Paula was blathering). I thought it was just OK. That's one of my favorite Beatles songs and I don't know that it's really suitable for 1.5 minute treatment...I hated the way he cut it up. Oh Lord, he played the dead friend card (wow, this show has made me somewhat jaded). He just bought himself another week. I still hate the way he moves. It reminds me of a drunk Jim Morrison (although really, is there any other kind?)

Brooke - I really wanted Jason to do that song. It would have been much better sitting and playing the guitar. What's with the awkward movements tonight?

David C - Dude. Whitesnake? I was a little worried when I saw the Peter Frampton device, but I really liked this performance! I even got some tinglies at parts, and I normally find him doughy, greasy, pasty, and repulsive. I'm doughy, greasy, pasty, and repulsive too though, so I can't talk. I despised what he did to "Eleanor Rigby" last week, but I think "Day Tipper" is more of a throwaway song, so it worked.

Carly - Nice, but I could have done without the glory notes. I liked the strings.

Jason - I. Love. This. Boy. Jason singing in French gave me the vapors. If he ever sings in Spanish, I'll die. Of course Ryan knows French.

Syesha - Good.

Jacuzzi - The beginning was boring, but I liked the end.

Ramiele - Meh. I like her voice, but I wasn't crazy about the song.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! I really liked Jacuzzi and they totally tore him a new butthole. Carly needs to go. She had her chance and it didn't work out and so see ya! I agree with everything you said. Jason seems really laid back (this is the first time I watched it all the way through and saw him sing).

3/18/2008 10:27 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I'm so glad you liked Jason's performance, too! I was squeeing in my chair, I loved it so much. If you listen to it without the video (as in, on mp3), it's wonderful...and I can see where the nervous dancing around and facial expressions could make someone who doesn't want to have his babies (i.e. someone other than the two of us) think it was less than stellar. But of course, I found it extremely endearing.

I absolutely adore him, to a crazy-extreme degree.

Tres bien, Jason...je t'aime!

3/19/2008 6:45 AM  
Blogger B. said...

I thought David C. was the best last night. I took a shower during Jacuzzi because I thought he would be boring and really didn't care if I missed Ramiele too. I'm still rooting for Michael and Brooke although they were both just so-so. I do agree with Simon that the yellow dress and yellow lighting were a bit much with "Here Comes the Sun."

3/19/2008 9:56 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Are "the vapors" the same as "the winds"? Because, if so, Dreadhead gives me those too.

- D.

3/19/2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

ok, maybe it's me, but jason's performace was horrendous.... sorry, but it was! i think he even knew it because he laughed at himelf in the midleof the song. i kno you like him but i had to call it out.

the davids are the best...

3/20/2008 7:30 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Hotwire...

It's not just you...

(sorry for the Dreadhead hate on your blog, JG. Please don't ban me from commenting!)

- D.

3/20/2008 8:24 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Dim and Hot--Banned for life!!!!!!

You're allowed to disagree with my opinions. I know he's not the best vocalist or performer, but I really enjoy his voice and he just seems to be having such a damn good time up there. Plus, that smile and those eyes get me every time. *shallow*

To me, David A. is a performerbot.

3/20/2008 10:58 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

you may be right but david a is is a close to the real deal as i've seen.

3/20/2008 2:09 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

This was the first episode I've seen this season.

Hate to say it, but was very meh about Jason's performance. Got a great smile though.

I hated Brooke's performance -she needs to stay behind a piano. And the yellow dress with the sunshiney song, and the lighting. Awful. Also, when she kept interrupting the judges, with all of her excuses and crap, I was like, shut the eff up.

I can't say I had a favorite. David A. has a great voice, but I also don't care for that song very much. So maybe I'll have to dip into next week's episode to find a favorite.

3/20/2008 6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home