Wednesday, March 12, 2008

2 Minute Idol Review

We get it. The Beatles are the best. band. ever. Except not.

Syesha: Boring.
Jacuzzi: Good...I guess...I wasn't really watching.
Ramiele: Boring.
Jason: Beautiful (the song and the boy). Loved the smile and point at Paula; loved the "What was that?" after flashing his four fingers during the announcement of his phone number.
Carly: Good.
David C.: I hate what he did to Eleanor Rigby, one of my favorite Beatles songs of all time.
Brooke: Good.
David H.: So "pizza bistro" is what the kids are calling strip clubs nowadays? Cheesy performance.
Amanda: Ok. That song is an anthem for emotionally abusive significant others.
Michael: Ok.
KKKristy: Horrible.
David A: I kinda hate Stevie Wonder. Trainwreck. Way to forget half of the words, bro.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

That isn't the best screencap ever, Jen. :P I've sent you a picture in your email from that photoshoot. :D

I mostly agree with your thoughts (definitely the ones on Jason!), but I still find Amanda abhorrent, and I kind of liked David Cook's take on Eleanor Rigby. Odd, but not bad.

3/12/2008 8:57 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

The weird thing is that Eleanor Rigby is one of my favorite Beatle songs and I HATE emo crap, but I inexplicably liked that dude's take on the song.

- Not D.

3/12/2008 10:14 PM  
Blogger B. said...

So the votes are in and I'm not surprised the stripper is gone, but i thought for sure it would have been Kristy because she sucked.

My favorites are Brooke and Michael, but I'm fairly sure neither of them will win.

3/13/2008 11:47 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

It's me, Renee, trying out my new stage name. :)

Anyway, yeah, my boy totally sucked Tuesday but you kinda hate Stevie Wonder? Huh? That's baffling... :)

3/13/2008 2:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I don't hate old Stevie Wonder, but I hate all that damn synthesizer stuff from the 80's to the present like "I Just Called to Say I Love You" and "Just Good Friends," his duet with Michael Jackson from Bad and his bastardization of "525,600 Minutes" from Rent. "We Can Work It Out" is one of my favorite Beatles songs and I've never heard Stevie's version, but from the way David sang, it just summed up everything I can't stand about him for the past 20 years or so. Does that make sense?

3/13/2008 4:14 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i'm with dim - that rendition of eleanor rigby was very good

3/13/2008 5:46 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

I feel you. I also think his best stuff was Motown to early 80s. Perhaps his best synth song was Skeletons; that rocked. Thanks for the clarification. :)

3/13/2008 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home