Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Idol Thoughts

Now that we're down to a manageable 8 contestants, I'm ready to give my thoughts on this week's Idol. This is as close to a live blog as I can do considering I have a desktop computer that faces away from my TV and I don't want to miss any Jason sightings.

Luke: Blech. He's hot, but what a cheeseball. I can't stand his voice. Eeeee!! Jason Castro rocking out on the balcony. Sorry...on to Luke. I'm with Simon; girly, but not in a good way. He pretty much sucks.

David A: He's good, but I'm tired of this kid being treated like the second coming of Christ. He breathes way too loud...I don't know if that's because of his vocal paralysis or whatever, but it bugs. Full disclosure: I love this song. Watch that last note, dude, it's a doozy. WHAT!? Paula loved that a couple notes were off, but when Jason has an "off" note he's a modern-day Hitler!!! Oh, Jesus, now he's calling our attention to homeless people.

Danny: Loved the vocal, despised the arrangement. Simon's in a really bad mood tonight.

On to David Hernandez, the gay stripper (way to be a month late to the party, media; I've known that since the Top 24). Ewwwww, Celine? Seriously?? I guess it was pretty good, but I'm pretty indifferent about this guy. That song is NOT from the 80s. Ok, according to Wikipedia it technically is from the 80s.

Michael: He sounds almost exactly like the Simple Minds guy, whose name is Jim Kerr (thanks again, Wikipedia!). I hate how he moves on stage. WTF is Randy talking about Michael Hutchence for?! INXS is not Simple Minds, Randy. My research (guess which site?) does not indicate that they ever recorded that song.

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Sorry, on to David C.: Ummm...is this Lionel Ritchie? Yes, yes it is (Google this time). Interesting... Pretty good though.

Eeeeeeeee!!! My Jason!!!!!!!! There has been some speculation that he smokes weed. I don't know where anyone got that idea...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyhizzle, who cares? A 20-year-old college student who smokes weed? Who has ever heard such a preposterous thing!? Here's a tidbit for you: Jason's song for the top 24 was the most downloaded from iTunes out of all the Idols'. That was a very awkwardly-worded sentence, but you know what I mean. Ok, that story about his dread falling out was really nasty. But is it wrong that I want that dread? Maybe I shouldn't have shared that... I thought the performance was beautiful but I was really nervous about what the judges would say, especially since he ran out of breath there at the end. It looks like he'll go to the top 12, but I'm still a little scared, especially since he didn't do a more well-known song. But on the other hand he has a lot of good feedback on message boards, and I doubt they would get rid of him, having the most-downloaded song (oh please, don't tell me you think the votes matter).

Jacuzzi: Zzzzz...

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger i i eee said...

You crack me up! Reading this makes me wish that I had television and could watch it along with you. And I hate American Idol. But it can be so much fun to hate! Le sigh.

3/04/2008 9:44 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

LMAO! I just wrote you an email before I read this post, and it's nearly exactly like this, except with my opinions...some of which differ from yours. :D

I'm as smitten with Jason as you are - which is odd...is this only the second, after Ace? - and I thought that was just about the sexiest performance I've ever seen on AI. Something about the vulnerable quality of his voice made me want to give him a big hug...then, uh...get naughty.

I don't give a rat's ass if he smokes weed...but I would certainly have guessed that without any speculation anyway. :p You want the dread? Ew, Jen. EW.

Jacuzzi...that's funny.

3/04/2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I liked David A., Michael, the Lionel Richie song, and the stripper. I cannot stand Danny! And Ella was quietly sleeping during the whole show, so I got to see everyone! I'm not a big fan of Jason or his hair, but to each his own. But, he did a great job with that song.

3/05/2008 10:08 AM  
Blogger B. said...

Will you be posting about the girls today?

3/06/2008 10:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Nah...too lazy.

3/06/2008 9:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

You crack me up. He is a hottie. :)

3/10/2008 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home