Monday, November 05, 2007

Aqui Esta el Titulo

Yeah, long time, no talk. That's because a.) I've been busy and b.) I have nothing to write about. Most of the things going on in my life aren't really blog-worthy or blog-appropriate.

The receptionist came back today after being off since September 19 for foot surgery (for once I'm living by the axiom "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"), so hopefully work will go a little smoother and my hair will start falling out a little less. BUT, one of my coworkers messaged me on MySpace and said she (the receptionist) is taking Wednesday off. Serenity now...

If you haven't already, head on over to Rusty's blog to check out her two new additions. I hate cats, but these guys are adorable!

School is coming along. I've handed in and gotten back all the papers for the on-site class, so now all I have to do is an online final the week of December 3rd or somewhere around there. I have 28 1/2 pages done on my big-ass paper, and that's without proofreading anything (I can bs an extra page or so during the proofread) and without adding page numbers.

Now that I'm in school, I've noticed I'm much less anal about the house. For example, I usually have to have all the clocks correct to the second (insane, I know) and now they're all off. Although now that I just wrote that, it's starting to bug me...

I'm not voting tomorrow. Feel free to call me a hypocrite or, if you're hot, come spank me.

It's getting to be SAD time again. I can't stand non-daylight saving time.

As far as the holidays go, Halloween was pretty uneventful for me. It's my second favorite holiday, but I wasn't really feeling it this year. I don't have any big plans for Thanksgiving; dinner this year will just be me and my parents because of some drama in the extended family. This will make some people want to bludgeon me to death, but I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping...I usually have it all done in the summer though. New Year's eve and day are going to be, as always, spent on the couch watching the Twilight Zone marathon. Unfortunately New Year's Eve is on a weekday this year, but I took the afternoon off so I didn't have to miss much of my precious TZ. Wow, I'm lame.

Speaking of Halloween, the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror was on last night. Not the best one ever, but Heck House was definitely the best of the three, although I'm biased because of my love of Flanders. My all-time favorite vignettes are The Raven (even though they didn't do my favorite line--"'Prophet!' said I, 'thing of evil — prophet still, if bird or devil!'") and the Shinning. The Office hasn't really been doing it for me too much this season. Hopefully the writer's strike won't affect everyone's shows too much.

The Raven:

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

OMG, I haven't seen the Serenity Now episode in years and years. I love that one.

I wish I was going to still be in York for New Year's Eve to watch that TZ marathon with you. That's one of the best shows ever made.

I had a really, really bad day...I hope yours was better!

11/05/2007 8:48 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Aw, I missed the Halloween episode. Love the ones you posted.

Congrats on almost being finished with your class. Now that I write grants for a living, I want to go back to school just to see if it's any easier to write papers :)

11/05/2007 9:47 PM  
Blogger B. said...

If Halloween is your second favorite holiday, what's your first? I'm thinking Yom Kippur.

11/06/2007 5:48 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

You got it, B! Actually, it's Christmas, of course.

11/06/2007 7:09 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

1 - Every now and then, I wonder why I started blogging again. I really don't have much to say. But it is nice to check in on the cool peeps I've met in blogland.

2 - I hate cats too.

3 - I am so proud of you and happy for you for going back to school. I want to go back too just as soon as things settle down a bit.

4 - Ooooweee! I love the short days and the long cold nights. This is my fave time of year! :D

5- Umm. Excuse me, but being glued to the set on New Years for the TZ marathon is NOT lame. It is tradition. And it is cool. That goes for the 4th of July marathon too. Long live the Sci-Fi Channel! (Ok, *that* was lame, lol)

6 - How come every time I start enjoying one of your favorite shows, you stop liking it? I'm beginning to take this personally ... :p

11/07/2007 8:31 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Don't take it personally :)

11/09/2007 9:32 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i, too, hate setting the clocks back so that i go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. sucky.

11/09/2007 10:40 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

I didn't even know about the TZ marathon -on the scifi channel, eh?

Except I can't watch those shows alone. I get creeped out. Good creeped out, but the kind where I need a friend beside me.

I read somewhere that due to the strike, NBC has fired over a hundred employees who worked on The Office -makeup artists, key grips, set designers...sounds like they fired everyone except the actors, writes, and producers, etc. I hope it doesn't create some problems....

Have you been watching ER? I mean, it's not like it's a path they haven't gone down before, but...I was pretty tense during the most recent episode, where Abby totally loses it...and even though he's mostly a jerk, I had no idea how hot whatshisbucket really is...the new guy in charge of everybody. I can't remember his name.

11/11/2007 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home