Saturday, October 13, 2007

Este y Eso

Noooooooo!!! Noah Wyle is coming back to ER for 4 episodes. I hate Dr. Carter!

I wish I had something interesting to talk about. I'm a little tipsy because I was cooking with wine, and when you cook with wine you have to drink some. It's the law. So I drank half the bottle, and I'm a lightweight. Rusty, I'm totally sober! Ask me anything! I had all sorts of things I wanted to write about, but now I forget them. I even perused CNN.com to find something to write about and couldn't find anything to rant about. I do know I wanted to mention how much the Doobie Brothers started to suck when Michael McDonald joined the band. I was listening to their greatest hits CD while I was making dinner and I was rocking out to "China Grove" and "Long Train Running" and then "Takin' it to the Streets" came on. Shut up, Michael McDonald.

I've been in a really good mood lately and I'm not as stressed out. I'm not sure why, but all I know is that my skin has cleared up since I stopped being stressed. I'm also using tea tree oil, which is the best stuff in the world, and clears breakouts up in about a day. I love the fact that I have zits and I'm getting gray hair. My body can't make up its mind.

I hate that that we missed out on good fall weather. It went from 90 degrees to 50 in one day.

I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this, but it's something Oprah wrote about how she took the month of July off when she found out she had hypothyroidism. It must be difficult for you to take a month off from working, fly to Hawaii, eat only fresh foods, and sleep when you want to. My heart is breaking for you. Shut up, Oprah. Guess what? A lot of people have diseases and have to continue going to work, cooking, taking care of their children... I don't know how people can read this shit and not feel condescended towards.

I was cleaning out my filing cabinet today and I came across a "newspaper" we made in Spanish class our senior year called El Gran Flan. Here's a picture of our class. I'm sitting at the table in the middle and Rusty is on my right. We were so young! I would make a pact with Satan to look like that again. The guy on the far right holding the Spanish dictionary died about two years ago of a brain tumor. He was in the popular clique, but he was the sweetest guy you could ever hope to meet, and I know Rusty agrees with me. I don't believe in an afterlife, but if there is one, he's being rewarded.


I leave you with one of my favorite Stephen Crane poems, since my Stephen Crane sampler was in the same folder as El Gran Flan:

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
Who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter--bitter," he answered,
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."

Labels: , , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

You and Rusty are so cute!

10/13/2007 8:39 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

I loved this post! Awesome! Cook with wine more often!

- D.

10/14/2007 12:55 AM  
Blogger i i eee said...

I love the very first sentence of this post -cracks me up. I'm sick of Carter as well.

Ah memories. So sad about your Spanish class friend.

10/14/2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

My friend does nanny work in California-and nannied for Michael's kid once in Santa Barbara.

10/14/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

i am with dim..cook w/wine.

I read about Carter a few weeks back..and nearly cut my head off. This season is per the norm..moderate at best.

10/15/2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Hey. Can you e-mail me your address and I'll reply to your comment on my blog? I just don't want to put it in my comments or yours. So, I can explain a little bit better. :)

10/15/2007 11:59 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Ah, El Gran Flan. I loved Spanish IV. What a year...

I still can't believe sometimes that one of our classmates is gone, having died of a disease (and not, as is probably more the norm, something like a car accident, drunken stupidity, etc.). I'll never forget trying to talk to his parents at his viewing...I've never in my entire life been unable to speak for the lump in my throat, and I wanted so much to tell them how Ryan was always, without fail, kind to me, even when others weren't, and that he was a guy who brightened our days in school and made us laugh and that we were just really glad to have known. But I couldn't say any of it, standing in front of him there...a Ryan that wasn't Ryan anymore. God, that was awful. I'm not afraid of my own death in any way, but I hate even the thought of the death of people I care about.

I love that poem. You had that quoted somewhere when we were in high school, didn't you?

Good Lord...I just looked at the picture again. I was so much smaller then! I think I'd also make a pact with Satan to have that back...and I thought I was grotesque then! (To clarify, everyone, just so you know for sure, I'm the one wearing the shirt with stripes on the sleeves.) Jen and I look so cute. :)

10/15/2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger j said...

You both look cute and happy. woot for posting while tipsy!

10/15/2007 11:53 PM  
Blogger hotwire said...

wow, as a michael mcdonald fan that really hurts...

10/21/2007 7:48 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Hey, hotwire. Loooong time, no see. I thought about you when I wrote this. I think you and I have pretty much agreed to disagree on the Doobies.

10/21/2007 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home