Sunday, October 21, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday night and Saturday were spent sitting in class wondering if anyone has ever actually died of boredom, but the great news is that was my last in-person class till next semester! Woot! Now all I have to do is a methodology section for a theoretical study that we're making up (or, as I was told in an e-mail at which I laughed out loud, we can actually do) and then take an online final during finals week. Right now I have a 93% and the final is pretty much a guaranteed 100%, so I'm not too worried about the methodology section. Plus, I have a massive advantage because as a psych major I actually conducted research and wrote a research report. It seemed like a lot of people in my class had never heard of some of the stuff we were learning before.

Now, for my big announcement: I am finished with my rough draft of my 30 page paper for my online class. Ok, I have 27 pages written, but I can easily bullshit 3 double-spaced pages in Arial. I was a little concerned about making this paper Arial when all my other ones were in Times, but the only specifications he gave were that it had to be 12-point or less, so fuck it. I want to tie up everyone I know and make them read this damn thing because it took me so freaking long to write it. So far Rusty wants to read it (I give her two pages before she stops and I'm taking bets) and the state representative I interviewed wants to read it too; I'll send it to him, but I highly doubt he will.

I've heard some very scary things about the class I'm taking next semester. One person even heard of someone who failed, and when you fail a grad course, guess what? There's $1,000 down the drain. Another girl said it wasn't bad, but I of course choose to believe the people who said it was. Luckily, some of the people I got to know in class are taking it with me next semester, so I won't be going it alone.

I went for a nice long drive today. The weather was gorgeous and the leaves are starting to turn. I found two things to add to my "only in York County" file. The first was when we were detoured onto a one-lane dirt road. I had to pull off the road for 20 times for cars coming in the other direction. The other thing was a sign announcing a shooting competition at the local fire hall. I ended up at Otter Creek; if you're a Live fan you've probably heard of it.

I also went running/walking again. I should do that more often, but laziness usually takes over. Plus, by the time I get home in the late fall/winter, it's only light for about 20 minutes.

That's pretty much all I did today besides laundry and going to get gas. I wasted a lot of time today, but I'm totally fine with that.

I loved the Office on Thursday night! I haven't watched it a second time tonight, but I liked the balance of humor and heart. Jim talking to Dwight was great, and of course the kiss was great. I also loved Darryl and Kelly, the whoever/whomever conversation and Michael telling Toby (paraphrasing), "No one has ever asked you anything, ever." Poor Toby!

Something very weird is going on: I'm happy. I'm not sure what's going on, but I feel pretty weird right now. I'm even listening to bad music...mid-90s top 40 bad. I'm just trying to make the most of things because, as Bjork said, there's more to life than this. We'll see how long it lasts.

My brain is broken; time for bed!

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Ah, York County. I miss it so.

Honestly, though, I think I'd give anything to go back in time for just one afternoon at college, and go on one of those long drives with you over the mountain and into places no one ever drives. Remember the things we saw? The pet cemetery? Turning around halfway over the mountain? The square dance hall in the middle of nowhere? Pennsylvania is a truly amazing place, and I think you and I have seen a lot of it by car...

That's a low blow about your paper. Sheesh. I didn't ask to read it to flatter you - I think after 20-odd years, you and I are beyond needing to use flattery. I'm sure it's boring as hell, but I sincerely want to at least skim over the damn thing! :)

I'm glad you're happy! Wish I was there to partake of times with Happy Jen!

10/22/2007 12:39 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

The drives at college were the best...those mountains were gorgeous. I didn't mean that as a bust on you, I meant it as a bust on my paper. It's insanely boring :).

10/22/2007 8:00 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

i am glad things are going well and you are happy./..

10/22/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Congrats on finishing your paper and your on-site classes! And don't think of yesterday as having wasted time -- you enjoyed yourself, took a mental breather -- more people should do that :)

10/22/2007 10:28 AM  
Blogger B. said...

I loved that Office episode, too. My favorite part was Dwight in the bedroom crying over the cherubim.

I also like to listen to mid-90's top 40 bad music from time to time.

10/22/2007 4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're happy. You sound happy! I'm happy too, because I got into your school! Woot!

10/22/2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Hey, glad to hear you're happy! Keep riding that feeling!

- d.

10/24/2007 12:51 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

You do sound happy! Yay! I hope I can be happy soon as well.

Congrats on finishing the paper! That's awesome!

And, I love that Björk song!

10/24/2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Congratulations on finishing the paper! That's awesome!

And thanks for reminding me that I need to do laundry. :)

BTW, I know I've come late to the party but I've finally become an Office fan! And the commercial they made in the last episode was so good! It gave me goose bumps. No surprise "Corporate" didn't like it.

Anyway, congrats on chasing your dreams! I'm proud of you!

10/27/2007 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home