Monday, July 02, 2007

Road Trip; June 25, 2007: Part III

Yes, part II is missing. The Centralia portion is lengthy but will be up soon.

This series of pictures were taken at the
Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville, the oldest brewery in the United States. I have never been in a hillier town than Pottsville; I can't imagine having to walk around there on a regular basis. We didn't get to do much here since we missed the tour times, but we looked around the gift shop and "museum" for a little bit. I was very impressed by the prices at the gift shop since most of those places commit highway robbery. I bought 2 magnets, a shot glass, and a present for Chris and spent around $12.
These are two murals on the wall outside the brewery.


The outside of the brewery. I felt very bad for the poor UPS lady, having to lug all those boxes up and down hills.


How beer is made.


The tour sign.


Looks like D. G. Yuengling has his hands in a couple pots.


Yuengling logo sign.


Mmmmm...spent grain...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger j said...

"Since 1829"? Infants, I say:
http://www.molson.com/companyinformation/index.php?lang=en

Of course, we didn't become our own country 'til 1867.

Looks like a cool tour though. The only brewery I ever toured (a local one) had samples at the end, though, which wins points in my book.

7/02/2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

"BEER! WHA HA HA HA HAAA!"

Yes, I just did quote one of the Brownies from the movie, "Willow."

7/03/2007 12:21 AM  
Blogger StickyKeys said...

Love that first pic, it's so awesome!

Hey Jenny, I never get text with your blog posts in my google reader, who do you use to syndicate? Do you think you have it on title only or summary?

7/03/2007 9:38 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Hmmm, I have no clue. I'll check my settings.

7/03/2007 10:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

It looks like it was set to full, but I re-set it so hopefully that will help.

7/03/2007 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home