Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm Leavin' on a Jetplane...

...but I do know when I'll be back again.

As you may have read on Rusty's blog, L. and I are going to visit her this Saturday through Tuesday. I'm so excited! I have all my clothes packed (after sitting around thinking about how stressed I was about having to pack I decided to get off my ass and do it), my 3-oz. or less bottles of gels and liquids are in their FAA-approved quart-sized baggie, my anal-retentive list of things I need to pack is saved on my computer with the things that have been packed marked off, my confirmation page is lying under my work bag so I can take it to work on Friday and do online check-in, the 10-day weather forecast has been checked (10 degrees warmer than it will be in York--woo hoo!), and I'm pretty much ready to go!

I'm looking forward to getting a tour of the racetrack, riding around in Rusty's new pimp mobile, drinking sweet tea and eating fried pickles and hush puppies (mmm...hush puppies *drool*), meeting Rusty's students, looking at expensive houses that I'll never afford, and going to the movie theater where you put your own unknown liquid referred to inaccurately as butter on your popcorn.

There is one catch though: I have to pick L. up at 5:30 A.M. on Saturday--boo!!!

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger j said...

As I went through aiport security and carried my duty free booze onto the plane at Heathrow (much as I had at Laguardia a year or so earlier) it struck me as strange that I can't take 5 oz. of contact lens saline in a plastic container but taking 40 oz of flammable alcohol in a glass bottle which could be broken and used as a weapon is just fine.

I guess airport profit is the only thing that trumps aircraft and passenger safety.

4/19/2007 1:58 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Jenny, the minutes can't tick by fast enough until you're here on Saturday...I hope this sense of pure misery can just dissolve when I pick you guys up at the airport!!

I miss you sooooooo much.

4/19/2007 6:22 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Hope you have a great time! It's nice to know that someone is as anal-retentive as I am when it comes to packing/travel. Does your packing list have a column for each day with each item of clothing necessary listed down to the shoes and underwear? I thought so. :)

4/19/2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

have a fun and safe trip!

4/19/2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

happy travels!

4/19/2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Have a good time!

4/19/2007 5:10 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

j: Very true. I hope my tiny bottle of shampoo prevents a terrorist attack.

Karen: I think you've crossed the line from mildly OCD to batshit neurotic :)

4/19/2007 6:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Too bad I already have a name for my blog...batshit neurotic would be awesome. ;)

4/20/2007 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home