Monday, December 18, 2006

My Hero

Reason #5,697 why Martha Stewart kicks ass: She did an interview with Howard Stern to celebrate their one-year anniversaries on Sirius. According to reports, instead of getting offended by his questions (which makes absolutely no sense to me. Don't these people know what Howard is like?) Martha rolled right along with all of his punches, telling Howard, in response to allegations that her staffers went to Rachael Ray's show to spy, that "“I'’m the mother of these how-to shows. She cannot cook like I cook. She cannot craft like I craft."” Dayum, girl! Go on wit yo bad self!

The interview ended with Howard telling Martha not to wear underwear the next time she's on the show, leading to this exchange: "“Wait, are you wearing underwear today?"” "“No...bye Howard."”

I love the fact that Martha is such a domestic goddess but she also has an edge to her, and that's why she's my hero.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yet, I still want to kill myself and her whenever I hear her speak. Hmmm...we're very different on this issue!

I have to admit, though, it's awesome that she did an interview with Howard Stern at all...it must have been hilarious.

12/18/2006 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really finding myself warming up to the post-prison Martha. I had watched her new show a few times and wasn't buying into the Martha-as-a-real-human being shtick, but lately she's really growing on me. I love how she just casually talks about her time up the river. Yesterday she showed a ceramic creche she made while in the joint. It was, of course, perfect, and while all of the other inmates were only allowed to make one figure each, she made the entire set. She also admitted she likes to eat the skin that forms on top of pudding. I'll bet if you got a couple of drinks in her, she'd be a hoot.

12/19/2006 9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have sirius and heard this interview. It was very very good. She was honest about everything he asked. He even asked her about "vibrators". He was pretty tame with her but would not let her dodge questions.

At the end George Takai (sp) from Star Trek who comes on now and then said that she was the best interview that he had ever heard and she was very classy and well spoken. He was fawning over her. The staff busted on George who is openly gay saying that Martha would not sleep with him but George really laid it out saying how great an interview she was.

Get Sirius..for so many reasons..its worth it. Even if you "don't like stern" the music you find on there is second to none..and there is a Martha Stewart channel!! haha

-march

12/19/2006 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha is straighforward....I'll give her that.

However, she does frighten me a bit

12/19/2006 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home