Sunday, December 03, 2006

Random Randomness

I had a weird dream last night. I dreamt that I was dating one of the members of Aerosmith. Not Joe Perry, the only hot one, but this guy. Tom Hamilton is the bassist for Aerosmith and I'm sad that I know that, but I had an obsession in 7th grade. I suppose if I had to date one of them (other than Joe), it would be him, but he's not too far from being old enough to be my grandfather, so ew.

I watched Breakfast on Tiffany's on Saturday. Could that movie be any more racist? [/Chandler Bing] I'm not a huge fan of 60's movies. I think it's because the acting was different in some way, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I don't know that it's overacting, per se, but it's weird. I do have to say that George Peppard is hot though.

I hate Bath and Body Works. I love their stuff (even though it's obscenely overpriced) but the store is so tiny, the display tables are placed about an inch apart, the salespeople are annoying and pushy, and our B&BW is so hot! They have a million high-wattage lights that make the store 100 degrees. That plus the body heat of 50 people crammed into a 2-inch square equals a very unpleasant shopping experience. The only reason I went today was because when I was Christmas shopping they pressured me into spending $5 more to get a $10 gift card, which said I had a $0 balance when I went to check out which is odd considering I never used the damn thing. I thought it wouldn't be crowded since I went during church when it's usually just me and the other heathens. Of course the mall was packed. What's the meaning of Christmas again? Oh yeah, the birth of Jesus. I didn't read the part of the Bible where Jesus said to go to the mall and walk around like herds of cattle giving money to greedy corporations instead of going to church. On the way out I almost knocked a hideous candle holder onto the floor because only people who are 2 inches wide can easily walk through that damn store. I did break something the last time I was there; thank god they didn't make me buy it.

I hate the fact that so many McMansions are being built in York. Every empty parcel of land is being turned into a development of shoddily-built $400K homes. The nouveau riche can turn right around and go back to Maryland. How about building affordable homes for middle class people? I can't afford to buy a $400K home (and believe the hell out of me, if I could it wouldn't be one of those homes) and I'm not going to buy a $50K home in the ghetto of York. A rancher in my parents' neighborhood sold for almost $200K. It's a solidly-built home, but you've got to be kidding me with that price.

I just saw a commercial for Wal-Mart. I think the idea was that the woman bought a tray of deli meats but when she went to serve it she realized that all of her guests worked at a deli (they were all wearing aprons). Since Wal-Mart was so cheap she was able to afford backup. WTF?! I'm assuming that since these are guests in your home they're either friends or family. Doesn't this woman know where her friends and family work? I would think it would be a conversation started that they all work in delis and all show up to Christmas dinner in their uniforms. I try to be around my family as little as possible, but I know where they work.

News outlets are making a big deal over the police officer who told two black men that they would get out of a littering ticket if they rapped. According to the account I read, the men made up funny raps (the lyrics are in the article), were laughing the whole time, and the police officer joked around with them about football. The picture in the article I linked shows one man giving the officer five; both are smiling. Bad judgment? Yes. Racist? No. Then men who were pulled over weren't even the ones who complained! I say if those men have a problem with it then it's an issue; otherwise, it's not. If Officer Cletus told me to sing a country song to get out of the ticket I would have gladly done so. Way to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Speaking of my run-in with Officer Cletus, my speeding ticket was $131. A woman in York who was speeding in a school zone and hit a crossing guard, breaking both of her legs resulting in her inability to work (you sort of have to be able to stand to be a crossing guard) got a $120 ticket. Makes sense.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

I hate, HATE, HAAAAAAAAATE Bath and Body Works. They suck like none other. I have boycotted their store completely. I used to live in it, but when I heard 2 of their employees talking about myspace and how one guy broke up with her on myspace, and how she wasn't really drunk or anything in the picture that was on myspace ON THE SALES FLOOR (I used to work in retail)---that was a big no no for me.

Then, the next time I went in the stupid saleswoman was so rude to me, because I asked about their FREE SAMPLE EYE CREAM, in which I had a coupon FOR, but she told me it was sold out and was the rudest person I've ever seen...AND, there are all sorts of errors in this sentence, what with all my commas used incorrectly, but I don't care, because Bath and Body Works SUCK.

I now heart The Body Shop.

Thank you. The end.

12/03/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

man..i read your blog on Fri..come in today and there is like 12 posts!! sheeshum.

12/04/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

I actually met Tom Hamilton.

And Joe Perry and Steven Tyler... Backstage at a show during the "Get a Grip" tour.

Maybe I'll post that story. It was a good one.

The acting in the 50s and 60s was just that... ACTING!

lol, they would really "act" the lines! Today, actors and directors have figured out less in more. Or as David Mamet says to actors..

"Just read the lines... your job was done already by someone else... they are called the writer"

12/04/2006 11:43 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Yeah what is up with Bath and Body Works being boiling hot?!!! I also think that the people who work there are too pushy and annoying.

I saw that Wal-Mart commercial the other night and was thinking the same thing.

12/04/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Umm...are we the same person??? I totally went through an Aerosmith obsession phase in the 7th grade as well! haha

I have yet to see Breakfast at Tiffany's. Shocking, I know.

I have yet to be utterly pissed off at Bath and Body Works yet. But I too also prefer the Body Shop. Their body butter is the shiz.

12/04/2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger j said...

that ticket thing seems odd, unless...

1. You have about 20 previous offences and they have your photo pasted to the dashboard of most patrol cars...

or

2. There's a sliding scale for speed--e.g., 20 bucks extra for every 5 mph you were doing over the limit

'fess up, Jen

;-)

12/04/2006 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to the BBW thing. Ours is the same way - a sauna filled with pushy salespeople and annoying teens buying raspberry everything. I'm a huge sucker for a couple of their scents that are only hauled out in the fall (pumpkin) and during the big "stock-up sale" (Rice Flower and Shea). Why can't they sell Rice Flower and Shea all the time? Because they know I'm going to back up a U-Haul come June and buy the place out so I'm set for the year. Anyway, in October I went in to buy some pumpkin scented stuff and the clerks were all over me. "Are you finding everyhing okay? That stuff is awesome! You'd better buy it now because our holiday stuff is coming out October 15." I fled in disgust thinking, "Thanks for the tip. I'll be back on Oct. 16, when all of this is on sale."

12/05/2006 9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily we dont have a bb stores, though we have lots of rude pushy sales people in australia...

as for the christmas refrence.... what do you mean christmas about jesus I thought it was all about shopping.... Just kidding....

12/05/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Ok. I was laughing so hard while reading this post. Well done.

*You remember the part in the Bible when the angels appeared to the shepherds and told them that there would be great deals at Bath and Body Works around Christmas.

*Maybe you should have just flattened a crossing guard.

12/05/2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Noelle: I like the Body Shop too, but the closest one is 20 minutes away unfortunately.

March: I always post more when I'm in a bad mood :).

Annoyed: I'd love to hear that story. I was SO obsessed with them. And that makes sense about the acting.

Caroline: I guess they have those new lights in all the stores. I couldn't work under those conditions!

meta: LOL, that's awesome! And don't bother seeing Breakfast at Tiffany's.

j: Yeah, I'm on the America's Most Wanted list. Actually, it was $5 for each MPH over the speed limit plus $56 worth of fees.

Karen: I don't know think my of my scents are seasonal, but the pushy salespeople really piss me off. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!! If I need your help, I'll ask!

Ramblin: Pushy salespeople are the worst!

B: Not even Jesus would have the patience to deal with the BBW salesgirls! If I had known my fine would be less for maiming someone I would have!

12/06/2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yes it does have Boscov's. It seems like everyone from Maryland is obsessed with Boscov's. I was at the Yankee Candle store at the Avenues and the girls were going on and on about it.

12/11/2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home