Monday, November 20, 2006

TV Musings

March called me out on my procrastination. I got around to watching The Office and ER on Friday night so I'll try to remember what happened. I'm glad Jim's back. The whole vibe of the office was off without him. I loved the Dwight/Andy interaction. I wasn't crazy about the Andy character till I saw how he and Dwight played off each other. I loved Lazy Scranton, Creed, and the look Stanley gave the other black guy when he tried to do the solidarity chest bump. Things should get interesting from this point on.

I thought ER was pretty boring. What was the deal with how the homeless children were dressed? Were they extras on the set of A Christmas Carol? That's pretty much all I have to say about last week's ER.

In other TV news, Scrubs is coming back soon on Thursday nights at 9. Thanks, NBC, for putting every show I watch (except The Simpsons) on one night which also happens to be the night I don't get home till 9. What the hell am I going to do if they move American Idol to Thursday night, as people are speculating?

Also, the producer of Ugly Betty and The Office is creating a game show called Identity. According to the article, "Contestants will compete for $500,000 by matching up 12 strangers with identifying characteristics - shoe size, occupation, weight, etc. The show is as much a social experiment as it is a game show." Could be interesting for us sociology/psychology geeks.

Source

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

"Were they extras on the set of A Christmas Carol?" Hee! I thought the main one who had most of the lines had some serious "moppet" hair going on. I kept waiting for him to bust out with "Food! Glorious food!" when Gates brought in the hospital food service trays. That was such a sucky episode. If nothing else, it has less Morris than as of late, which is a good thing. Too bad I hate the Pratt character so, so much. He's so badly written, STILL, after all this time. I wish we could get more Neela - the actress who plays her is just so good, and turns the crap they give her into something that's watchable. And more Dr. Kovac. Because he's purty. Heh.

11/21/2006 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree on last week's ER. At the end I said out loud, "That's it?" even though I was watching it alone. I kept expecting something, oh I don't know, more or good. And what's up Kovac's ass? As a Bad Santa once said, "They can't all be winners, kid."

I'm glad all of my Office "friends" are back together. I'm tired of feeling like I'm watching two different shows when that's on. I'm pissed at Jim right now, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

11/21/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

Office was great - Lazy Scranton, the people sitting in the chairs on top of the table..timing Dwight w/a digital thermometer. Man just a slew of good lines.

ER went back to pissing me off. Luka needs to mellow out and I can sense a fight/breakup w/abby by seasons end. The homeless kids being dressed that way and the random "blue lady" or what have you I didn't get. I honestly could not wait for the show to get over. The tension of Pratt and Stamos is 100% lame.

With all that I'll still be tuned in all bloated on Thanksgiving night.

11/21/2006 4:53 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

Christmas Carol -hahahahhaha! Dickens!

Yeah, it was a crap episode. LAME.

11/22/2006 3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love The Office. Last week when Jim was sending messages from Future Dwight.....Classic!

11/25/2006 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home