Friday, November 10, 2006

TV Musings

I was pretty happy with last night. The Office wasn't back up to season 1 standards, but I'm glad that they're moving the plot along towards getting the gang back together. I miss Jim's and Dwight's interactions. I loved the faxes from the future and the fact that Michael's ring tone is "My Humps." I also loved Jim's "Say what you will about Michael Scott, but he would never do that." Next week's episode should be good and since Earl is super-sized so I might get to see The Office live for once.

ER was great last night!
Shawn Hatosi was excellent as the DID patient and I'm starting to love Morris. I laughed last night and I almost cried at the end. The only thing I was so-so about was the Gates/Neela kiss. That was sort of strange. I've also always wondered why people are able to randomly get it on in the County General ER without any ramifications. I can't imagine I'd be able to make out with someone out in the open and work and not get in trouble. I didn't even hate Pratt last night. I encourage anyone who has given up on ER to come back. But don't hold me responsible if next week Carter takes everyone to Africa and Morris gets killed by a copter, Abby is run over by an errant tank, and Gates and Neela are killed by a schizophrenic shooter (since ER thinks all schizophrenics are violent) while having sex in the med supply room.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave up ER about 6 years ago...I don't plan to go back!

I seem to have given up on The Office, too! I didn't mean to, I just always seem to be doing other stuff at 8:30 on Thursday! Do you have them taped so I can see them when you come down here?

11/10/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Aww, give it another chance. I re-tape over the episodes of The Office, but I can save this week's and bring that and next week's along. And of course Season 2!

11/10/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I'm looking foward to some future Jim and Dwight interaction as well, and more faxes from the future. :-)

11/10/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Gah, crap!! I meant to watch both shows, and instead fell asleep before either even came on. I hate getting old. Now I'm ticked, I really wanted to see that eppy of The Office... sounds like it was enjoyable. Ah well, at least I'm caught up on what I missed for ER now - thanks Jenny!

11/12/2006 1:44 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I just watched that ER episode last night...and I did cry at the end. But I'm a crier. Great performance by the DID guy. Morris is growing on me too. It was quite a transformation from dumpster diving at the beginning of the show to empathy by the end, but he had me believing it. I also thought the Neela/Gates thing was awk. I'd rather see smoldering workplace passion than full-on mashing. And I don't care how hot you are for someone, that just wouldn't happen at work...especially in a room with big windows and a glass-paneled door.

11/15/2006 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home