Saturday, October 28, 2006

Guilty Pleasure Saturday #1

A bunch of my blogging buddies seems to have some sort of weekly feature on their blogs. Rusty has Saturday Hotness (sometimes), March has Forgotten Disc Friday, and Pog has Sucky CD Sunday. I thought I'd join the party with Guilty Pleasure Saturday, which will be a sampling of songs I blast at full-volume when I'm home alone or when I'm in my car and quickly turn down as soon as someone else approaches. Let's start things off with Scorpions "No One Like You."



Since I can't tell this song and "Rock You Like a Hurricane" apart until the verse begins, I wait with bated breath for "Girl, it's been a long time that we've been apart." The verses of this song are ok (my favorite part is the way Klaus Meine pronounces "way"), but the head-banging commences at the drum build-up followed by the oh-so-cheesy hair-metal chorus.

This video has anything a video could need: Alcatraz, sharks, an old-fashioned cigarette holder, a crazy prisoner wearing glasses that appear to be made out of forks who decides to bang a guitar against the wall instead of running away, and a leather-clad blonde in a cage full of fire. Yeah, I don't know either, but they're German so I give them a pass on the ridiculousness.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELL FUCKIN' YEAH!! I freakin' love Scorpions, because, as you know, I freakin' love hair bands. You love the way he says "way", and I love the way he says "longing for love". Hee! Fork Eye Man is hilarious!

Alcatraz rocks.

10/28/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

This feature of your blog and this particular song and video are freaking awesome!!

The version from World Wide Live is stupendous...

"Caleeeforniaaaa!!!! There's NO ONE LIKE YOUUUUU!!!!"

Keep this up, JG! I'm off to buy some Scorpions from iTunes. I'm not kidding.

10/29/2006 1:56 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Our (high school) senior class song was "Always Somewhere" by the Scorps. It was played during the graduation ceremony. No one's parents knew what was going on.

10/29/2006 1:02 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I can tell I'm going to LOVE this feature. I just heard this song on the radio the other day and was singing along very loudly completely frigging up the lyrics!

10/29/2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Rusty: Yes, I know of your hair band love :)

Dim: Thanks! You aren't going to like some of the future entries though!

Karen: That's awesome!

B: All you need to know is the chorus :)

10/29/2006 9:32 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i saw these guys in concert (between def leppard and ted nugent) and they kicked ass!!

10/30/2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

This is a great idea! I loved the album cover for the Scorpions with the guy with the forks on his eyes.

10/30/2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

OMG!!! Did I ever tell you I met them?? I posted up a picture of me with Rudolf Schenker just a wee bit ago at Scentzilla! Oh man, if you do any more hair metal postings I'm going to have to go dig deeper into my old scrapbooks.

11/06/2006 12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home