Wednesday, October 25, 2006

News Quickies

There is a new procedure where surgeons take hair from the scalp and sew it onto the eyelids, creating false eyelashes. That's freaking disgusting. My eyelashes are thin as hell, but I wear mascara and they look fine. Source

"President clarifies 'stay the course.' It really means 'constantly adjusting the tactics,' he declares." Ooooookaaaay... Those ideas are opposites, but whatever. Mr. President, you can call a pile of shit a rosebush, but it's still a pile of shit.
Source

Rush Limbaugh is up to his asshattery again. Now he's mocking Michael J. Fox. Fox has been appearing in political ads for people who support stem cell research, such as Rep. Ben Cardin of Maryland and Claire McCaskill of Missouri. Limbaugh's response to Fox's appearance in the ads: "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act...This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." Nice. I can't imagine what it's like to have a disease that could be possibly cured by treatments found using stem cell research and have not only the government opposing this testing based on their right-wing agenda but also a blowhard who is constantly kissing the asses of conservatives making fun of my disease.
Source

Small victory of the day: New Jersey courts will extend civil rights to gay couples. Lawmakers are trying to decide if they will let them marry or just have a civil union.
Source

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the false eyelash thing is pretty gross.

I think everyone just wants Bush to keep quiet and ride his presidency out at this point. Nothing he says really surprises me anymore.

10/25/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I also read a quote from Bush saying that (paraphrasing, of course) the point of his second term was to fix the screw ups he made in his first.

10/25/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

This morning it's basically "I don't like Iraq either and it's my fault." Invoking the magic and meaningless "I accept full responsibility" statement which people think automatically resets the counter to zero - typical.

When I saw the Rush Limbaugh clip of him mocking Michael J. Fox, I literlly felt nauseous.

10/26/2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Karen: I'm getting sick of the pre-election back-peddaling.

Funky: Her column was in our paper for about a month. Does she say asshat? I think a lot of the soldiers in Iraq would disagree with Bush that we're winning.

Rosie: I don't understand how we can deny someone that basic right. Look at all the straight couples out there who are bastardizing the institution of marriage.

10/29/2006 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home