Thursday, November 02, 2006

I've Been Tagged

Dim tagged me, so I have to try to think of 5 interesting things about myself.

I have a knack for memorizing songs. I can hear a song that I haven't heard in a decade and still remember every lyric perfectly. Unfortunately, my knowledge of song lyrics has taken over some brain space that would better be spent storing useful information.

I am EXTREMELY neurotic. Everything must be in its place at all times or I freak out. If there were a fire at my house I would probably take the time to straighten everything up before escaping. This trait did not serve me well when I did in-home work and had to go into cockroach-infested, piss-smelling homes. I get this trait honestly, as both of my parents are this way; my mom moreso than my dad. I would lick the floor in my mom's house and think nothing of it. I'm also a germophobe, but only about other people's germs. I know where my hands have been. Other people, not so much. I obsessively use hand sanitizer at work and won't even turn off the light in the bathroom there without using a paper towel.

A bunch of people are talking about how they met their significant others. I met Chris while working at the hospital in the dietary department. How glamorous, right? I was a freshman in college. One of my first memories I have with him is when we were sitting in the cafeteria eating lunch and one of the cooks sat down and said, "Do you know why they call it bacon? Because it has fat in it." You commonly hear gems of wisdom like these at Memorial Hospital dietary. We never really talked much until he got his eyebrow pierced and he got fired because he refused to take it out. I went over to his place, got him drunk, and took advantage of him. We both still have an intense urge to push a food cart down the stairwell.

My digestive system is FUBAR. I have, or have had at some point in my life, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, and something else that's a little um...personal.

I've been best friends with Rusty since 1st grade (about 20 years). We lived a mile apart for about 17 of those years and 15 minutes apart for the rest of the time till she moved to North Carolina. We also lived together all 4 years in college. We've had so many insane things happen to us that we were able to fill up pages upon pages in our yearbooks chronicling those things. I don't think there's anything we don't know about each other.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

i knew nothing about you until I read these..(well they were all news to me that is).

Congrats on being so close w/Rusty for all these years too..friendships like that rule.

11/02/2006 1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaand....I've just burst into tears.

11/02/2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Very interesting! I'm actually a germaphobe the same way that you are. :-)

11/03/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

because we moved a lot my earliest, still going, friendship is my buddy dave and that only goes back to 8th grade, but due to my advanced age it works out to be about 30 years.

also, i am the same as you wiht song lyrics and when i was in college my dad said he's wished i knew my school work as well as i did those lyrics. he was right.

11/05/2006 6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home