Saturday, May 20, 2006

Mommy Dearest

Can someone please explain to me why Britney Spears still has custody of her child?

Falls the child falls from his highchair. I understand that the nanny was with the baby at the time, but if a parent is going to hire a nanny it's his or her responsibility to make sure they hire someone competent. Britney and Kevin were in the other room at the time. I understand that you can't be with your baby every second, but come on!

Next, she has him in his car seat facing forward. While this isn't illegal, police are still able to ticket for it. Not only that but I wouldn't suggest driving in a convertible with the top down with a baby in the back seat. I'm sure he got a nice case of head sunburn too. Oh wait, he can't get sunburn because they're moving, y'all! I won't go into the ragdoll position that he was in.

Most recently, Britney came out of a hotel holding a glass and almost drops Sean. I don't know what was in that glass, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Red Bull. After the incident she said, "This is why I need a gun." Ok...

I know accidents happen, but this is getting ridiculous. And keep in mind that these incidents are the ones about which the public is aware. I don't want to think about what happens to that poor child behind closed doors.

6 Comments:

Blogger EnnuiHerself said...

I never thought I'd be defending Britney but . . .

The things she's being attacked for can and have (or will) happen to everyone.

I would bet that everyone fell out of their high chair (or something similar) at some point. And I'm sure lots of parents have almost dropped their kid. Babies sqiurm and move around and sometimes they fall. That's what they do.

And if you check the stats, something like 90% of car seats are improperly used. Which is something that needs to be addressed, but it's not just Britney.

EH

5/20/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

As much as I dislike her I must agree.

It's tough enough being a first time parent... Add CONSTANT attention from every moron who owns a camera and it's really an impossible task.

If every first time parent was filmed 24/7 when they were in public they would have to start hiring thousands more social service agents

5/20/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger EnnuiHerself said...

Hey, you changed your profile statement! I like it.

EH

5/20/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I forgot about the driving with her son on her lap thing too. Like I said, shit happens, but it seems to be happening to her a lot. Why was she on the street carrying a glass and her baby? They make things called strollers, and I'm sure she can afford one. Why did she drive away with her baby in her lap? It wouldn't have been hard to get in the car, lean over the seat, and strap him in. It must suck to have the paparazzi chase you everywhere, but if you know they will then keep a low profile. Your baby's safety should be your #1 concern.

Thanks, EH!

5/20/2006 6:52 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

*whispers* "my son fell out of his high chair" *slinks away*

OK, but the driving with kid on lap thing? That is so not okay.

5/21/2006 9:48 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Aww, Kate, I know you're a good mother. And like I said, I know stuff happens, but it has happened to her a lot and her child is only like, 5 months old!

5/21/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home