Friday, April 07, 2006

Queen Night Wish List and Idol Thoughts

I am so geeked for Queen night because I like Queen and because it will be the biggest Idol trainwreck of all time. Usually when they do artist nights it's someone lame like Gloria Estefan or someone I've never heard of like those people who sang "Solid as a Rock."

Ace - Bicycle Race or Killer Queen
Bucky - Fat Bottom Girls
Taylor - a sudden bout of laryngitis lasting the rest of the season
Elliott - Another One Bites the Dust
Chris - I Want to Break Free

I was and wasn't surprised that Mandisa went home the other night. I think at this point anyone could go home any week (except, of course, Kellie, Chris, and Taylor). Mandisa did piss off a lot of people on 21st century night, and she wasn't the best on country night. I think that was a deadly combination. I'm sort of meh about the whole thing, except she did sort of irk me this morning when I was reading her EW interview. I think the interviewer said something about how he would have been glad to have been in her group of 3 and she said (paraphrasing), "Yeah, and Chris's group was good too." I'd like to think that wasn't meant to be a dig on Ace and Bucky, but it's sort of hard not to take it that way.

My favorite parts of Wednesday night were how incredibly hot Ace looked all butched out in the pimpmercial (he can fix my car any time) and how Bucky was singing "Any Man of Mine" and then noticed the camera and stopped.

I leave you with this, which made me giggle and then made me want to take a shower:



4 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

HAHA! I want to take a shower too.

I just don't get all the love for Ace. I can admit when a guy's good looking, but I just don't get him at all.

- D.

4/07/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I'll be the first to admit that he's not that great of a singer and he's the reason pro-tool is used. I probably wouldn't like him as much if Father Figure hadn't been his first performance. That was the sex! I think for me it's because he is so ridiculously hot yet doesn't seem cocky. That's rare.

Yes, he comes across as a bit vapid, but he also seems like a REALLY nice guy. He sings to children in hospitals at Christmas, for god's sake! :) Also, everyone really seems to like him. When the top 12 were being announced, everyone ran to him and hugged him. That wouldn't have happened if he were an ass.

Will I buy his album? Hell no! And that's nothing against him, I just hate his type of music. Will I enjoy looking at him for the rest of his stay on AI? Hell yes!

Sorry, I get a little defensive because I always like the people no one else likes :)

4/07/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I want someone to sing Radio Ga Ga. :-)

4/07/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

That would be cool too :)

4/08/2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home