Monday, November 21, 2005

Sad

I read an article in People magazine a few months ago about an 18-year-old boy who was raising his 2-year-old daughter by himself, going to school, and working. The child's mother wasn't in the picture and he was actually doing a good job of raising the child. I just read in the paper that he was shot in the back of the head and died. I guess it was in our paper since he lived in Philly. He was quoted as saying, "If something ever happens to me, no one can ever tell her that her dad didn't take care of her."

Also, there was a fire at the vet's office near my house yesterday. Only one dog died, but it wasn't from the fire, it was because they put it in a cage with a pit bull.

4 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Oh my freaking crap! A pit bull! Did they think being in there would protect it from the fire?

11/21/2005 2:19 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

That's awful - I remember you telling me about that guy in Philly. How sad to go out that way.

Also sad about that dog. Too bad they didn't have the good sense to keep it away from horrible beasts like pit bulls.

11/21/2005 7:47 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Dear God, that's awful.

11/22/2005 10:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

feather: I think they were just rushing around when they evacuated the dogs and didn't think about the pit bull attacking.

11/22/2005 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home