Thursday, November 24, 2005

Feliz Dia de Gracias!

I've decided to combine the obligatory "What I'm thankful for" and shoutout posts into one. I'm thankful for these friends, both real and blog:

Chris for fixing my internet connection after he screws it up, for attempting to beat me at Game Cube games, and for complaining about what I make for dinner almost every night, and for having already seen every single thing I show him (come on, did you really think I'd do a sappy shout-out?).

MR (aka Rusty), of Off the Pace, for being my best friend for 18 (give or take) years, for being there through life's sucky and non-sucky times, and for putting up with my shit (or at least pretending to) unconditionally. We'll still be friends when we're wearing whimsical animal shirts...oh wait :).

Liz, for being fun to hang out with, for keeping me abreast of the Memorial Hospital goings-on, for being willing to watch gross movies with me, for making me laugh, and for being willing to come over to my house even though Chris is there.

Kate, of the Catbird Journal, for her absolutely gorgeous pictures and for showing us all that librarians can be cool. Your blog makes me want to dig in the earth and get my hands dirty.

Dim, of Dim City, for making me laugh hysterically at work, causing others to wonder about my sanity and for saying the things that I think, but in a way that is much better than I could ever say them.

Feather, of Feather 123.com, for her cute stories about her nephew and her cats. And of course, it's always nice to find a fellow Surreal Life watcher :).

March to the Sea, of Random Musings, for making me laugh, putting my music snobbery to shame, and, most importantly, showing me the auction of the God Warrior.

Saga of a Defiant Goddess, for her great insight, interesting stories, and posts that make us think. You already have a ton of fans before your album has even come out.

Katiedid, of Seldom Nice Nowadays, for introducing me to some of the more...interesting...things that can be found on the internet. Plus, she's a fellow TWoPer.

J, of Tastes Like Burning, for his awesome sense of humor, his Poetry by Dythandra, and the Cynical Career Counselor. He also wins for the best blog title, since that's one of my favorite Simpsons quotes :).

Urban Chick of the blog of the same name, for her candor, humor (am I sensing a trend?), and her pictures of gorgeous shoes (and not-so-gorgeous hot pants). If I ever get to London, we'll have to meet for tea or a pint!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Dude, I am totally blushing right now. So very nice of you to say. You guys have been great since I have been on here and your blogs are always fun to read too. Happy Turkey Day, JG and Rust. You guys are cool cats.

-D.

11/24/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

You know I love you, Jenny. :) You're one of the greatest blessings in my life, and I'm proud to be your best friend.

But hey now...just wait...you'll get a whimsical animal shirt, and I'll make so much fun of you. My birds are NOT whimsical! They're just cute! Whimsical is "Beach Bums" and don't get me started on that.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jenny. Much love. :)

11/24/2005 10:05 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Wow, that's so nice of you to include me! :) Thanks!

11/24/2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger j said...

aww, thanks Jenny--I always love visiting your blog. Have a great Thanksgiving.

J.

11/24/2005 9:04 PM  
Blogger Urban Chick said...

aw, thanks for the nice words about my blog, J!

but i just have to ask this: what is a TWoP??!!

please tell!!

oh, and happy thanksgiving! (am i too late to say that now?)

11/25/2005 4:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

You all are welcome and thank you for your kind words.

Urban: TWoP is an abbreviation for Television Without Pity (www.televisionwithoutpity.com), a site that has snarky recaps of TV shows and message boards about them.

11/25/2005 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home