Saturday, July 30, 2005

Warning

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Why, John; why?!

Do not see Must Love Dogs. Why John Cusack would allow himself to be associated with this dreck is beyond me. The dialog was forced, the acting was not that great (except, of course, for JC), and the story line was cliched and predictable. And for God's sake, there was a family singing scene. What family randomly gets up and sings at dinner? I give this movie 3 stars. 2.5 of them are because of John Cusack, .25 is for Stockard Channing, and .25 is because the main character's house was cool. Just don't watch it. *Spoiler alert (but really, you shouldn't see this movie)* Here's the formula: Girl is lonely. Girl's meddling family sets her up with various men and "hilarity" ensues. Girl meets John Cusack. Girl and John Cusack have a misunderstanding about another man. The other man randomly becomes an ass hole. Girl ultimately ends up with John Cusack after a "heartwarming" scene involving a dog and a boat. Everyone is happy except me.

The worst part is, the movie tries to trick the audience into thinking things have happened that haven't. For example, Diane Lane opens the door and flirts with a handsome man who we are to believe is her new beau. Wrong! He's her gay co-worker's boyfriend. What a perfect way to throw in some non-stale gay jokes! All gay men love manicures! In another scene we see Diane Lane in the passenger seat of a car. We are led to believe by what she says (which I don't remember because I was trying to remember if Red Lobster had call ahead seating or not) that she is finally with John Cusack. Got you again! She's not! My intelligence was insulted.

And of course, in the theater, we had to have the obligatory people who laugh at every damn thing in the movie!

Thank God I only paid $5 to see this. Even John Cusack didn't make it worth $5. Please excuse me, I must listen to "In Your Eyes" to get a better image of him in my head.

4 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

I too am so, so sad...but I'm prob. just going to wait til this comes out on DVD.

7/31/2005 3:01 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend paying theater prices to see this movie. Luckily we saw a matinee or I would have been pretty ticked off.

7/31/2005 9:26 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Didn't look that good to me anyway. You have confirmed my suspicions. :)

7/31/2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm glad I could be of service :-)

7/31/2005 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home