Friday, July 22, 2005

Random Musings

My vacation has technically ended :-(. I had a good, productive week though. Right now I'm listening to "Just Can't Get Enough" from the album 101 by Depeche Mode. It was recorded live on June 18, 1988. I'm obsessed with the 80s. I think it has to do with the fact that I was alive for the 80s, but I wasn't old enough to remember how crappy things were back then. Here is a list of some nostalgia sites that I peruse from time to time. Children of the 80s, represent!

Classic Nick Online - Do you remember Pinwheel, Salute Your Shorts, Today's Special, and You Can't Do That on Television? I do. Go to this site to your refresh your memories. I am really hoping that Salute Your Shorts comes out on DVD, because that was my shit back in the day.

Whatever Happened To? - Self-explanatory. I don't know how up-to-date it is though, since it makes no mention of American Idol in Paula Abdul's entry.

In the 80s - A very comprehensive source of information on 80s pop culture.

Yesterdayland - This site has information about decades other than the 80s and is fairly comprehensive.

6 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Holy crap... for car music one of the albums I brought along on vacation was 101. Crazy coincidence. Although my songs of choice were "Behind the Wheel" and "Nothing."

In truth, part of my subconcious reasoning was that we were travelling down Highway 101, heh.

7/22/2005 11:15 PM  
Blogger Subcomandante Bob said...

I once ate 101 prunes. That was a bad mistake.

B-A-D mistake, let me tell you.

7/22/2005 11:53 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

The Amusing Facts website was pretty cool. I always wondered about Cyndi Lauper, and now I know! :)

7/22/2005 11:59 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

katie - What a weird coincidence!

sub - I can imagine!

berkeley - I love those "where are they now?" things.

7/23/2005 12:38 PM  
Blogger j said...

katie--I lived very close to the northern terminus of highway 101. There used to be a motorcyle gang called the 101 knights--they ran (maybe they still do) from about Tijuana in the south up to Lund, near where I grew up. Whenever word go round that they were heading into town, oft as not the cops would meet them at the ferry terminal and make it fairly clear that they'd have a lot better time if they turned back around...

As for 80s music, Jenny--I don't remember much either, but I think it was because I was largely hungover during that decade...

7/24/2005 12:35 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I think most people spent that decade hungover. Either that or coked up.

7/24/2005 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home