Thursday, July 07, 2005

Tragedy

All this stuff in London is reminding me of 9/11. I don't know why I was so affected by it, but I was. I didn't know anyone who was injured or killed in the attacks, although my boyfriend at the time lived in New York and saw the second plane crash into the WTC. I guess what it did was make all the world's turmoil real. We were sort of in a bubble over here with all the fighting and attacks going on in other parts of the world. It was one of the first times something like that had ever happened here and on such a large scale. I remember it like people remember where they were when JFK died. I was a junior in college and MR and I were living in our apartment. I went to a morning class and everyone was talking about the crash as though it were an accident. When I got home MR had the news on and we watched pretty much all day. I didn't want to go to bed that night because I was afraid something else would happen and I would miss it. I have pictures taken from the Empire State Building with the World Trade Center in the background. It's a little disconcerting to think of what happened to them a few years later. But that's enough about that; I hate when people beat a dead horse, so I won't do the same.

My thoughts are with you, London. Don't worry--I'll still be there in 2-5 years :-).

1 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

I had a similar response to 9/11. I was living in AZ at the time but I *felt* it. Very deeply.

7/11/2005 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home