Saturday, July 02, 2005

Disturbing

Now, I loves me some JPL and Bo Bice. I will occasionally post on a message board (TWoP only), I look at their official sites from time to time, and I will buy their albums when they come out. What I will not do, however, is make a website like this, which I found on said message board. I'm a very gullible person, but I really think this is for real. At first glance, the website seems rather harmless. But as MR pointed out, clicking on the thumbnails takes you to very disturbing analyses. As I told MR, even though I'm not a fan, I can understand loving Clay Aiken's voice or thinking he's cute, but I cannot understand lusting after him. There was a similar website about JPL back in the day. It described the JPL Effect (being unable to breathe and having heart palpatations when you see him, not being able to go a day without thinking of him, not being able to sleep without his music playing in the background). That was disturbing as well.

Another disturbing thing is that I can see the road that leads up to the York County Nursing Home from my desk, and a very high number of ambulances (ambuli?) go up there every day.

And of course, I remembered another item for my to do list. I have to thoroughly clean my car, inside and out. It's nasty.

8 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

You're right, that is weirdly disturbing. I am choosing to believe that it's some sort of satire, as the alternative is giving me heartburn.

7/02/2005 9:53 AM  
Blogger j said...

Isn't JPL the one who looks like he's never been in the sun--ever? (think: No reflection) Actually, that would be a great album title for him "No Reflection" and there would be JPL looking in a mirror--but he wouldn't be reflecting, of course, and there would be a body visible through the mirror that looked like Simon Cowell with two bloody puncture wounds in the neck.

And he could fill it with lounge lizard renditions of songs like Alice Cooper's "Only Women Bleed".

I really need to get more sleep...

7/02/2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

j, I think you're thinking of AJ Gil (?, not remembering the name correctly, I think) from the first season... he looked like a vampire, but a really lame weasel-like dork vampire.

7/02/2005 10:20 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Whoa. That website is quite disturbing indeed.

I like your blog! Take care!

7/02/2005 10:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

You're right, that might be AJ. JPL was the one who looks like a hobbit. That album cover ranks right up there with the ones here: http://porktornado.diaryland.com/albumcover.html

:-)

7/02/2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thanks, goddess :-) I'll check yours out more when I get a chance.

7/02/2005 11:00 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

what/who is JPL?

7/02/2005 5:42 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Jon Peter Lewis from American Idol.

7/03/2005 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home