Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Things I Love

I'm not in a very snarky mood right now, so I thought I'd write a nice post for once. Here is a (non all-inclusive list) of things I love, in no particular order:

1. Netflix - I have seen so many movies through Netflix that I never would have bothered to pay $5 for at Blockbuster; some were worth it, some weren't.
2. Hersheypark - I know I'm biased, but Hersheypark is the nicest, cleanest, most fun amusement park I have ever been to. I know there are better ones out there, but I've never been to them. You should check it out if you get to this neck of the woods. Also, Hershey's street lights are shaped like Hershey's kisses. Cute!
3, 4, and 5. My trio of awesome stores: IKEA, Target, and Linens -N- Things. I hate clothes shopping with an intense passion, but I could shop for housewares for hours. Especially cheap housewares.
6. Dali - We were at the National Gallery in DC on a field trip and the woman who posed for Dali as Jesus in the Last Supper was there seeing the painting for the first time. It was cool. I hate the Persistence of Memory though.
7. Absolut vodka ads - I'm not a huge vodka fan, but I love Absolut's ad campaigns. I used to have my wall wallpapered with them in high school. They have a really cool
website too.
8. Music from the 80s - Everything from the 80s was somewhat ridiculous, but that's what made it awesome. I really wish I had been a little older during that decade.
8a. Depeche Mode - any decade. Love.
9. Blogger - I've met some awesome people and read some very intelligent and/or funny musings.
10. Say Anything - 2 words: Lloyd Dobler. No man can live up to Lloyd Dobler in the way that no real woman can ever look like a supermodel. One of my favorite scenes:
Diane: Are you shaking?
Lloyd: No.
Diane: You're shaking.
Lloyd: I don't think so.
Diane: You're cold.
Lloyd: I don't think I am.
Diane: Then why are you shaking?
Lloyd: I don't know. I think I'm happy.
11. El Serrano - I like supporting local restaurants, and El Serrano is pretty much the only decent place in York to get Latin food. Mmmm...Pollo Fundido.
12. My TV shows that haven't been canceled yet: Simpsons, Family Guy (well, canceled but renewed), Good Eats, and Arrested Development
13. My TV shows that have been canceled: Freaks and Geeks, Friends, and Sex and the City
14. Mis amigos - I have awesome friends.
15. The River 97.3 WRVV - My favorite radio station. It's what I listen to at work.
16. John Wilsbach - The Traffax guy. I just love him for some reason. Unfortunately he doesn't do Traffax on 97.3 :-(
17. Television Without Pity - The mods can be a little harsh, but I haven't had a problem with any of them, and it keeps the boards intelligent (for the most part).
18. Book Ends - The best used paperback store in York. It's where I get all my books unless someone gives me a gift certificate for Borders.
19. Advice columns - any and all.
20. Google - For helping me find all these links quickly and easily.

2 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Love Depeche Mode, too. One of the best concerts I've ever been to, and Dave Gahan surprised me, because as it turns out he is one of the sexiest front men ever. I do love the 80s music, too. Specifically Duran Duran, but also I do lurve me some 80s hair metal in general.

And Target is dangerous for me. I try to limit my visits there, because even if I go in for like, just a soup ladle, I end up spending at least 75 bucks there since I always find things I "need" every single time.

7/12/2005 2:41 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

mess - Ummm, number 14?

katie - I'd give anything to go to a DM concert. I'm the same way at Target. It always wreaks havock on my checking account.

7/12/2005 2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home