Friday, July 01, 2005

My Embarrassing Music Collection

I spoke the other day of my abysmal taste in music. Here is a list of CDs I own or songs I have downloaded that support this claim (keep in mind that a lot of those were free from Columbia House--not that that excuses any of them):

Downloads:
Air Supply - several songs
Blackstreet - No Diggety
Bone Thugs N Harmony - Crossroads
Gerardo - Rico Suave
Kelis - Milkshake
Lindsey Lohan - Rumors (I know, I know)
Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok
New Kids on the Block - several songs
Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
Snow - Informer

CDs I own:
The Rush Hour Soundtrack
Public Announcement (you may not have heard of them, but they had a single called "Body Bumpin' [yippie-yi-yo]" which tells you all you need to know about them.)
2Pac - All Eyez on Me
Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggy Style (this was permanently borrowed; I didn't buy it)
Dead or Alive - Rip it Up (does the song "You Spin Me Round [Like a Record]" ring a bell?)
2 Backstreet Boys CDs
Britney Spears's 1st CD
La Bouche - Sweet Dreams
The Best of the Village People
Salt N Pepa - Very Necessary

I'm just going to go remove myself from civilization now.

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

7 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Wait, those are all the CD's you own? Man, you're my idol!

7/01/2005 11:06 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I have TONS of CDs. Those are the embarrassing ones :-)

7/01/2005 11:28 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

Some of those aren't that bad. I own a Britney Spears' Greatest Hits (it was actually given to me) and some Backstreet Boys and some Vanilla Ice. :)

7/01/2005 11:30 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I'm glad to konw I'm not the only one!

7/02/2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

OMG... La Bouche. I'd forgotten all about La Bouche. Wow. You are brave to 'fess up to that one. My embarassing ones tend to be my vast collection of hair metal albums. And of course, I had to get the Skid Row and Poison greatest hits CDs. Oh I know... my most embarassing would have to be my John Travolta and Partridge Family records (yes, records, I still love my vinyl). My husband thinks my vast collection of Andy Williams records is a sign of mental unwellness, but he doesn't know what he's talking about. That man sings like an angel.

I will not get into my 8 track collection, as I have been told that the very fact I have 8 tracks and a working 8 track player should be a cause for shame.

7/02/2005 9:48 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Or maybe you're just ... eclectic?

7/02/2005 10:45 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

katie: I have no shame :-) I used to listen to my parents' vinyl when I was little--The Carpenters, the Roy Conniff Singers, The Sound of Music soundtrack... I have a Christmas compliation CD with Andy Williams singing Carol of the Bells--it's awesome! LOL We never had an 8-track. I've seen a bunch at yard sales though :-)

goddess: That's a good way of putting it :-) And keep in mind, there is a ton of good music I like as well!

7/02/2005 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home