Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Begin Rant.

I really hate rude people. I will bend over backwards and do cartwheels for someone who is nice to me, but for someone who isn't, I'll do the minimum necessary to keep my job. I was at the deli counter of the grocery store today, and the woman said, "Give me such and such cheese." Have you heard of please and thank you? I used to work in the service industry, so I am very nice to people who do those jobs, but I was nice to them even before I had that job.

I guess sometimes rude people do get what they want though. My friend and I went to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner one night. They have a call-ahead thing where your wait is cut in half, and they clearly tell you this when you call. My friend and I were told that the wait was 2 hours (we hadn't called in) which would make the wait for call-ahead people 1 hour. Not unreasonable for a Friday night at a new restaurant. While we were at the hostess stand this woman storms up and said, "We called ahead! Why do we have to wait for an hour?!" She got seated right away. Everyone around was like, "What a bitch!" Why do those people get special treatment? She should have been made to wait the whole 2 hours. It's not like losing 1 set of customers in a restaurant that crowded would make a difference in their bottom line.

End rant.

3 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

At my work, it's the same dang thing, and my boss will bend over backwards for those people who kick and cry. I CANNOT stand people like that! Makes my job SO much harder!

6/29/2005 6:29 PM  
Blogger j said...

It's a circular world... At least I find if you can wait long enough, the rude/cruel/jerkwad folks get their comeuppance eventually. I suspect you've seen the same thing.

And if they don't at least you've got a common topic of conversation for the good people to bond over when they go out for a drink at the end of the week...

6/29/2005 7:58 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I agree with both of you. "Instant Karms'a gonna get you/gonna knock you right in the face..."

6/30/2005 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home