Sunday, June 26, 2005

I'm a Lightweight

I don't know what the hell my problem is. I drank one Fuzzy Navel wine cooler last night and was stumbling around all over the place. I didn't drink it that fast and I had just eaten dinner a few hours before, so it wasn't that. I drink beer semi-regularly, and I never even feel anything. Then I fell asleep on the couch. I'm such a party animal!

I love the new blogger picture-adder thing. Now I can make my text wrap around the picture, which is something I'm not advanced enough to figure out using html.

How come I never get carded buying alcohol, but I always get carded buying cigarettes? How can I look 21, but not 18? The liquor store or beer distributors have more to lose by selling booze to a minor than the convenience stores and gas stations do by selling cigarettes to someone under 18. I'm 24, for God's sake! Do I really look like I'm under 18?!

I read in the paper yesterday that Penn State started offering benefits to same-sex couples in January! Penn State moved up a couple points for me. They had another list of schools that offer benefits, but my college, Shippensburg University, wasn't on it. Let's get with the times, Ship!

2 Comments:

Blogger j said...

I blame Shippensburg for your lightweight status. It's your college's job to prepare for the real world of heavy alcohol consumption.

It's in Penn., and I've never heard of it... Wait a minute--It's an Amish college, isn't it? Thus your awkwardness buying cigarettes that makes them suspect your age. It would also explain your youthful appearance--while other college students partied all night long, you bedded down each night after your evening warm goat's milk, and were up early to collect the eggs.

You never learned how to drink properly at college. You Amish sicken me.

6/26/2005 9:08 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

LOL I'm not Amish (I don't think too many Amish people have blogs), but the town of Shippensburg did have a large Amish population--there was a hitching post at K-Mart. And those Amish people can drink--ever heard of rumspringa? :-)

6/27/2005 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home