Friday, June 24, 2005

Random Thoughts Revisited

Sleeve is a funny word. Say it over and over. Isn't it weird?

It sucks that Kurt Cobain is dead. I think Nirvana would have reached the levels of the other great bands if he hadn't been killed by one of Courtney Love's goons (yes, I'm in the conspiracy camp).

I miss Phil Hartman. He was so hilarious! "I'm Troy McClure. You might remember me from such films as..." I love the Troy McClure film where they're at the meat packing plant, and then Ralph says, "When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine University." He was excellent in NewsRadio too. I think 95% of the funny NewsRadio scenes involved either Phil or Dave Foley or both of them together. So sad...

All that talking about grammar got me thinking. If I were a high school English teacher I would probably end up rocking on the floor of the padded room of the loony bin because my students didn't care as much about grammar as I did. Either that, or I'd be an old hag who ends up alone with her cats to keep her company. If I were a college English professor I'd end up failing all of my students, and then I'd get fired.

5 Comments:

Blogger j said...

random comments on random thoughts:

1) by "revisited" do you mean posting this one twice? ;-)

2) If Kurt Cobain didn't die would Courtney Love have become as famous/rich? (same argument Biggie small/P. Diddy)

3) Best Simpson's episode ever--it was on here last night again--The barbecue, the kid's park--that was when their writing was at its best

4) Real conversation I had with a student a few years back in an English class:

Kid: Can I go to the washroom?
Me: I haven't seen any recent X-rays
Kid: Huh?
Me: You said "can"
Kid: No, I said "washroom'.

You'd definitely jump off a building at some point...

6/24/2005 11:53 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I LOVE Phil Hartman.

6/24/2005 12:37 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

j:
1. Whoops! Fixed.

2. Hell no. On both counts. And the world would be a better place.

3. I liked the one where they go to Japan and they're on the Super Happy Fun Time Special Show, or something like that.

4. Kids are dumb.

feather:

So did I...so did I.

6/24/2005 5:26 PM  
Blogger j said...

Yes, Jenny--and the show that gave them seizures...

J

6/24/2005 10:01 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

heh heh

6/26/2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home