Friday, June 24, 2005

It's Official: I'm Going to Hell

The other week on Family Guy, they sang a barbershop quartet-style song that went, "You've got AIDS. Not HIV, but really full-blown AIDS." This guy called me at work the other day and told me he had AIDS. God help me, that song popped into my head. Now, I know I'm a cold, heartless bitch, but I truly feel bad for people who have AIDS. This guy made me sad because he sounded so dejected. I didn't laugh, but the fact that that popped into my head makes me feel like a total ass hole. I'm a horrible, horrible person. I was really nice to him though, and I told him about a program we have for people infected or affected by HIV and AIDS that pays for therapy and psychiatric services and offered to send him a brocure. He seemed happy about that.

P.S. Why does the blogger spell checker tell me to replace a word with the exact same word? It's worse than the Microsoft word grammar checker!

P.P.S. Maybe I'm not going to hell. I called this guy on the waiting list with the cutest Louisiana accent and he called me ma'am and said, "God bless you."

3 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

wait, spell check on blogger? really?

6/24/2005 11:03 PM  
Blogger Berkeley G. said...

Me too...really? I didn't know that existed.

6/25/2005 5:04 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yep! It's on the toolbar at the top of the post editor, but it's pretty worthless.

6/26/2005 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home