Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Cure

The Cure is in my holy trinity of bands which also includes Depeche Mode and Pink Floyd. I hate to admit it, but while DM is my favorite band of all time, TC and PF definitely have more musical talent, and I think Disintegration is the best album ever. I once read that Robert Smith said he's not a depressed person, but when he's depressed he writes, and not many people can accurately describe being in a dark place like Mr. Smith can. Listening to him describe lost love can literally make my heart ache. Of course, The Cure also has some great, uptempo songs as well, like "Lovecats," "Friday I'm in Love," and "Let's Go to Bed." Many of these are sung with tongue planted firmly in cheek, but I still think they're great and bop along to them after curling up in the fetal position listening to the sad ones.

Here's Fascination Street, from Disintegration:



Because I feel it all fading and paling
And I'm begging
To drag you down with me
To kick the last nail in
Yeah! I like you in that
Like I like you to scream
But if you open your mouth
Then I can't be responsible
For quite what goes in
Or to care what comes out

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve H said...

i'm with you on pink floyd!!

12/11/2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger i i eee said...

My makeout dream with Robert Smith has been hands down my best celebrity makeout dream EVAH.

12/12/2007 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home