Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weekend Update

On Saturday morning I got up at 6:30 to go get my oil changed and have breakfast with my dad at Denny's. I learned that my financial situation, namely my credit card balance (which is not at all bad, especially compared to most people my age) is a topic of conversation for my whole family. Gotta love that. I told Rusty I'm tempted to make copies of all my statements and send them out to my family members so everyone can stay abreast of my personal information. After breakfast I went to the grocery store. I couldn't believe how many people were there at 8:30 on a Saturday morning. What the hell?! After that I came home and cleaned, then in the afternoon Chris and I went to the mall to get new cell phones. We were each paying $29.99/month for 250 minutes and that's it. Did I mention that Cingular fucked all of AT&T's old customers up the ass when they bought it? So now we have a family plan which is $59.99/month and we get 550 peak minutes, unlimited nights and weekends and mobile-to-mobile. Plus we got new phones. It's a pretty basic phone but I don't need, nor would I be able to figure out, bells and whistles.

On Sunday morning I ran out to Target to get travel toiletries because I'm going to visit my friend this weekend and I'm 99% sure I'm going to Rusty's place at Thanksgiving. I was so good at Target. I only bought what I planned to buy and I only spent $19! After that I did the normal Sunday stuff like laundry and went out to dinner with my parents for my mom's belated birthday.

I hope everyone had a good weekend!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

I am with you on cell phones. I tell people "don't try to call me on it cuz the chances of it being off most of the time are pretty high".

I hear stuff on the radio about the average debt and I am lucky to say "thank god I am not one of them!". I have no car payments but I think in 2007 that will have to start up again....

10/10/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I almost always have my cell phone off. I got it so I could call people, not the other way around. lol

Anyway, since I hardly use it, I didn't get anything fancy. I got one of those prepaid Motorolas. It's a really cute flip phone and I got it plus one year of service for $123. I think I made out. Of course, if I wanted a bunch of features, it wouldn't be the plan for me.

$19 at Target? Rock on. :)

10/10/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Can I tell you how much I love your posts like this? It kills me that I'm no longer a part of them, other than in sentences like "I was telling Rusty on the phone..." or "I'm going to visit Rusty...", but I still love keeping abreast of your life...you know, like your family is with your financial situation. LOL! :)

I can't WAIT to see you at Thanksgiving...I'm going to be a weepy mess when you show up. (Please don't let that affect your decision to come!).

$19 at Target? Who are you and where have you taken my Jen?!

10/10/2006 5:52 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Ditto to Cingular SUCKING my freaking big toe.

And, you're my IDOL for 19 buckarooneys at Target.

10/10/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

get your balance to zero, photocopy the statement, photocopy your hand with the middle finger up, and THEN send it out.

just and idea...

10/11/2006 6:34 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

March: Mine's always dead so no one can reach me on it anyway. I have to do better at charging it though because I'll be screwed if I get in an accident or something.

Renee: I thought about getting a pre-paid one but I didn't like that they charged you 99 cents every day you use it. Plus I'd forget to add minutes.

Rusty: When I come at T-giving I can write a post like, "Rusty and I drank a case of Tequila and ended up in a hotel room in Vegas with two hot men whose names we never bothered to get." I can't spend too much money at Target anymore. Remember, I don't spend my money wisely.

Noelle: I was pretty impressed with myself too.

Hot: That's a good idea! My balance actually is down to $0 now. This all came about because my grandma got savings bonds for me and my cousin and was transferring them into CDs and I asked to keep a little bit out to pay me bills.

10/11/2006 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home