Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Grrrr

I'm afraid that I might need to be bailed out of jail before this day is over. These have been 2 very shitty days, and today isn't even that far along. Yesterday I had no internet connection at work, which makes it next to impossible for me to do anything. And I couldn't even look at websites, which amounted to a very boring day. When I get home I find a 10 day water shutoff notice on my door. If you know me and my OCD tendencies, you know that I would never pay a bill late. The notice said I refused them entry to sign an application for service. Don't you usually do that when you sign up, not 1 year after you sign up? I called them today and they said that notice wasn't meant for me, it was meant for the rear of the house. Well, the rear of the house is my back door which leads to my laundry room. They guy, who was a jackass, was like, "It's not for you." So you put a shutoff notice on my door, making me look like some deadbeat who doesn't pay my bills, and then you're an ass to me? When I asked him to double check my account to make sure I wasn't going to be without water in 10 days he's like, "I said I already did. It's not for you." I can't decide if I should write a letter or not.

On my way to work this morning I got behind not 1, not even 2, but 3 garbage trucks as well as a school bus. Then when I got to work there was a bunch of bullshit to take care of in addition to the fact that I was still unable to use my own office due to the internet issues. The only think I really cared about this morning was calling them at 8:30 and getting this straightened out. Things seem to be looking up though. I am now back at my own desk, which is a godsend because I'm anal and need my stuff to be just so. Also, the post office amazingly had 2 cent stamps so I can send my bills out so I don't get legitimate shut off notices on my door.

If you don't hear from me on or shortly after the 23rd, please assume that I am incarcerated after waking up to no water and going to the
York Water Company and putting the smack down.

*Update: I just got a notice from our HR person saying our insurance rates have gone up. Just great.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Deep breaths, JG. Things could be worse. You could be a red jellybean with arms and legs who just had all of his clothes, with the exception of his hat, stolen.

That would REALLY suck.

And then wash it down with soup in a sippy cup.

- D.

1/10/2006 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

LOL but please don't tell me you haven't heard of the Mr. Men.

http://www.themistermen.co.uk/

1/10/2006 12:46 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Smack down. That tickled me.

Man, I was annoyed just reading that. I'm certain that was very frustrating for you. Glad it's (kinda) looking up, though.

1/10/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

This is why I have always hated Tuesdays. I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you, and that those water people don't screw you!!

1/10/2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Wow! That bites. After you lay the smack down at York Water, maybe you could drive to New York and have a word with the local gas stations about their insanely high prices. Thanks in advance. :)

1/10/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I'm sorry you're having a rough day, Jenny. You know York...it's just so full of stupid people, it has to spill out sometimes. The note on your door is pathetic but normal for around here.

B., are gas prices more than $2.45? Our cheapest just hit that this evening.

1/10/2006 9:02 PM  
Blogger j said...

Oh, you poor things--we should talk gas prices up here but I'm to lazy to do the conversion from metric...

Jenny--Just want to say I sympathize--the utilities can be among the most annoying entities to deal with. No internet at the same time, and then the insurance thing--you need to get a dart board or punching bag/clown and put a variety of faces on them to give you a good stress relieving exercise, methinks.

1/10/2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Definitely write the letter and give them H*#@!

1/10/2006 11:03 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Rusty- the lowest is $2.49

1/11/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I tried to e-mail them, but the address on their website that looks like it was made in the early 90s isn't right, so I'll call them tomorrow morning.

Rusty, in New Cumberland it's 2.38 if you want to drive all the way up there.

1/11/2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home