Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I Don't Understand...

...why trucks always get stuck under bridges on the 2 busiest streets in downtown Harrisburg during rush hour. Don't truckers know the bridges on their routes that they don't fit under? Don't they know how tall their rigs are? Keep in mind, this is pretty much a daily occurrence. It's not like, "Remember back in '93 when that truck got stuck under the bridge?" It's, "Remember 2 hours ago when that truck got stuck under the bridge?" It happens so often that my Traffax man, John Wilsbach, always says something to the effect of, "Sorry, guys. Some idiot is stuck under the bridge again."

My grandfather, who was a gym teacher, drove a moving truck in the summer with his brother, and he never got stuck under his bridge. He did, quite badly, fudge his log sheet so that he and his brother miraculously traveled 300 miles while they were both logged as sleeping (which is probably where I got my lying skills), but he never got stuck under a damn bridge! Luckily I am one of only 5 poor saps who has to work today, or else traffic would have been backed up for miles. Stupid people.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

That would be unnerving for me, too. :(

12/28/2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Yeah, that would totally irritate me as well. I could write an essay about things that people do in Chicago that irritate me. I mean what are these people thinking?!

12/28/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

People are so stupid

12/30/2005 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home