Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Best Book Ever? Till the End...

A coworker of mine bought Blood Memory by Greg Iles and gave it to me on December 30 to read. I started the 764-page book on January 3 and finished it last night. I couldn't put this damn book down! Most of what I read is mystery, and this is probably the best mystery I have ever read. It's hard to make a novel like this not be predictable, but Mr. Iles did a very good job.

I wouldn't recommend it to sensitive readers as child sexual abuse and murder are two major themes. I've often thought that I lack the part of the brain that causes people to be disturbed, but there were times when I had to cringe as I read.

That being said, I hated the ending. I won't discuss it so as not to give anything away, but I was pissed when I finished because of how contrived it was. Regardless, if you're looking for a good thriller, pick this up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

If it made you cringe, I'm definitely staying away. I'm a total lightweight.

1/11/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

If the ending is that the girl is really a dude, then the guy TOTALLY ripped off The Crying Game. Heh.

- D.

1/11/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Goddess: Yeah, good idea :)

Dim: LOL That's not it though.

1/11/2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Have a great weekend, Jenny!

1/13/2006 11:39 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thanks! You too.

1/13/2006 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home