Monday, December 19, 2005

Fish Killa

I got two new fish over the weekend: a goldfish and a pleco. Their names are Jim and Dwight. I am so bad with fish. I've probably had about 20 of them in my life with the average life span being about 2 days. The longest I had one live was about a year (my cat knocked its aquarium over) and the shortest amount of time is just a few hours as it was dead the next morning.

The pleco is so cute! It sucks algae off of surfaces, so it's usually sticking to the side of the tank. I have a treasure chest in the tank, and last night it stuck itself inside the lid. I'm not really expecting them to be alive when I get home, but it'll be a pleasant surprise if they are.

My high school boyfriend's wedding announcement was in the paper yesterday and it said he's a manager at Chik-Fil-A. There's nothing wrong with that job, but he was so brilliant and had all these big dreams, and now look. He was also a massive perfectionist and an elitist. He apparently screwed up somewhere, as MR told me he was their waiter the other year, and his mom told me he had dropped out of college to be with some girl who later dumped him. I don't really give a shit that he's married, but it makes me so happy that he's working at a fast food restaurant. It's nice to see him get his comeuppance.

MR and I saw the crappiest Christmas play ever on Saturday night. I was invited by my neighbors, and I felt that I had to go out of guilt. I'd say that 60% of the suck was due to the actual script and 40% was due to the performance. One guy screwed up his lines and said, "Oh crap!" during the show. Then my neighbors tried to convert me. I have a feeling that if I was disillusioned by the Methodist church, I would be even more so by the Mennonites.

6 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

You know why you're awesome? Because you pick names like Jim and Dwight for you fish. That is so weirdly cool.

Hee. Mennonites. I grew up seeing them cruise into town (town being Yankton, which is not much, Kmart being the "big" highlight of the place, at least when I grew up) in their overcrowded Broncos, and always felt so sorry for the girls who were always dressed up in full costume, head coverings and all, while the boys looked "normal." It was always so sad to see the Mennonite moms eyeballing the, uh, luxuries of the nice stuff at Kmart longingly.

12/19/2005 11:42 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I've never been one for pets. I'm just not ready to be responsible for another life. I haven't learned to be responsible with my own yet. :)

And the ex working fast food is just priceless. Yes, there is nothing wrong with that job but well, you understand. ;)

12/20/2005 8:42 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I used to have a cat named George. :) My other cat was T.C. (guess what it stood for?)

funny story about chik-fil-a. When I was in Utah, those places are all around. I was in the downtown Salt Lake mall, and I was thinking to myself, "What does CHICK FILL UH mean?" (As they don't have them in CA)...and then one of my girlfriends actually took the time to EXPLAIN it to me--and then I thought it was pretty darn funny! :)

12/21/2005 12:32 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

katie: My boyfriend thought I was a loser for naming them that, so to each his own :). These Mennonites are weird, because the older people dress traditionally, but the young people dress normally; in fact, some of the teenaged girls look like major hobags.

goddess: Yes I do :)

eliza: I used to think it was Chik Fil Uh too. We have 2 around here, but I've never eaten at one. Maybe I'll have to in honor of him.

12/21/2005 3:06 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

I love Chik-Fil-A, actually. My grandparents in Florida used to work at one, when they were about 75 years old. (Guess retirement was boring.) I won't vouch for the one we have in the mall, but the freestanding one in Shrewsbury is wonderful! Very, very clean, good service, tasty food, and coupons galore! My kind of stuff. But it's still very funny that your ex works there. You like McDonald's too, and it would still be hilarious (if not more so) if he worked THERE.

word verification: fmsnap

12/21/2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I should try it sometime, but I don't know if I can justify driving that far for a chicken sandwhich.

12/22/2005 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home