Friday, December 23, 2005

...

It is December 23, but I had my windows open today. I can live with this. I hate being all closed up, so I take any opportunity I can get to open the windows. I also went outside to clean my windshield with a T-shirt and no coat.

Tonight Rusty is coming over for dinner. The menu is bruschetta, filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, and an assortment of desserts that Rusty is bringing, which will include the chocolate/cream cheese cupcakes that I made this morning. Hopefully everything will turn out well!

I now know what I will be drinking on New Year's Eve. I got a bottle of Jose Cuervo margarita at the liquor store yesterday, and it's awesome. I hate alcohol that tastes like alcohol, but this goes down very smoothly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

Yummy! So ... what time should I be over? ;)

12/23/2005 6:23 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

I echo goddess' comment. Tell me what to bring. I'll be right over. It sounds soooo good!

- D.

12/23/2005 10:25 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

It was absolutely delicious! Jenny is to cooking what I am to baking...we make a great team that way. :) Her filet mignon was heavenly, with a red wine "reduction". She also made her specialties - roasted broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes. I wish you could all have been there to taste how great it was.

Also, my desserts were pretty good! :) Pumpkin roll, checkered flag cookies, lemon cheese bars, and more.

But Jenny: I don't know about Jose Cuervo. I'm a big girl, and I still think that would knock me on my ass.

12/24/2005 12:07 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I wish I could have had you all over as well :)

Thank you, MR. It's not like it's straight up tequila; it's pre-mixed margarita. I had one small margarita glass of it yesterday and didn't even feel anything. But I'm sure I'll feel something after several small margarita glasses!

12/24/2005 11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home