Sunday, June 05, 2005

Netflix Reviews for June 3-5

Meet the Fockers: This movie supports the argument that sequels are rarely as good as the first movie. I love Ben Stiller, but he plays the same damn character in every movie. I also love Robert De Niro (how can you not?), but his character has no redeeming qualities. If my dad tried to tell me that he wasn't sure if I could get married until he approved of my fiance's parents, he would be told to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. My best friend and I were marveling at the fact that we didn't hate Barbra Streisand with the fire of a thousand suns in this movie; then we watched her interview in the bonus features and our hate returned. And I really do not like Teri Polo. Her acting is stiff and one-dimentional, and she most certainly is not up to par with this all-star cast. To sum up this movie: some laughs, some WTF glances, some awkward moments, some getting up to get more soda or pee without finding it necessary to pause the movie. Three stars.

Embedded/Live: I didn't pick this. Well, I got an e-mail from Netflix about it and I put it in my queue, but it wasn't at the top. Netflix randomly sent it to me. They do that sometimes. It's ok except for when you REALLY want the movie that is at number 1 and they send you a number 5. Anyway, this is a play written and directed by Tim Robbins. It was entertaining enough, but Fahrenheit 9/11 was more informative and emotional. Three stars.

Real Women Have Curves: I give this movie three stars. There really isn't too much to say about it. It didn't suck, but it wasn't awesome. Worth renting from Netflix, but not renting for $5 from Blockbuster (hate!). I impressed myself with how much Spanish I remember. *Interesting note: Lupe Ontiveros, the woman who played the mother, began her career playing Whore #2 in The World's Greatest Lover!

1 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

I've been thinking about getting onto the Netflix bandwagon, but have yet to do so. Do you think it's worth it, all in all? I worry about paying the money but not being able to watch the movies in the month....

6/05/2005 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home