Thursday, June 16, 2005

21 Up

I couldn't wait for the weekend to watch 21 Up, so I watched it last night. I felt like my babies had grown up, even though these people are now almost 50! This movie was a lot less awkward than Seven Plus Seven; I was amazed at how eloquent and mature everyone seemed at only 21. I wasn't like that. I guess it's a British thing; they sound sophisticated because of their accents and the phrases they use. All 14 of the subjects were still in this one, but most of them drop out for the next. This is disappointing because only 1 of my 3 snobby boys stays in. I noticed that the subjects who were cute as buttons as children look like they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down for the past 14 years. The ones who were ugly are now quite attractive. But their teeth... The same could be said for their hair, but it was the 70s. I'm interested to see what it'll be like to watch them when they're older than I am. 4 stars.

2 Comments:

Blogger Berkeley G. said...

Yes! You just said that about ugly babies evolving into attractive older people, and about cute babies not being so attractive as older people...I've always thought the same thing. I know the most attractive people now that were not very cute as babies, and vice versa (<--sp?).

6/16/2005 10:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Yeah, I've known a bunch of ugly ducklings who have turned into swans.

6/17/2005 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home