Thursday, March 12, 2009

Idol Thoughts

I can't believe Dim beat me to Idol thoughts this week! I'm still watching the show, but I'm basically watching 2 hours in 20 minutes thanks to my DVR. Because I have some school work to do, I'll make this very brief:

First of all, let me say that I loooove Michael Jackson, although I don't think he's the best theme for AI due to his unique vocal tics. I was very disappointed that someone didn't do "Smooth Criminal."

Lil Rounds: Damn, that girl's got an ass on her! And that's coming from someone with an ample ass herself. I don't dislike Lil, but I don't seem to think she's as good as everyone else thinks she is.

Scott: I loved Simon's comment about AI not being the venue for being artistic. Again, I think this guy is decent, but (non-PC alert) wonder if he would be on the show if he weren't blind. I was glad to see they didn't make an ass out of him during the group sing.

Danny: Hate the fact that he's pimping his dead wife, but I have to begrudgingly admit that he did pretty well.

Michael: I fast forwarded through this. Nothing against Michael, but "You Are Not Alone" is one of my least favorite songs in the history of songs.

Jasmine: This was boring to me.

Kris: Mmmm...hot... It doesn't hurt that I love "Remember the Time." I thought this was pretty good (although I admit I'm biased by his looks), but the guitar was sort of pointless.

Allison: I really like this chick, as much as I wanted to hate her after she dared to sing "Alone." I thought she was off-key, but that doesn't matter so much in a "rock" (that's about as rock as MJ gets) song.

Anoop: I love him (for an embarrassing reason) and I love "Beat It." I don't know what the judges were talking about because this was one of the few performances of the night that I enjoyed. You can't choose a MJ theme and they say "Beat It" is untouchable.

Jorge: Awww, I really liked Jorge. I hate "Never Can Say Good-bye" though. I guess you can say good-bye *rimshot*.

Megan: In the context of this show, I hate her. I might like her if she were on the radio or something. But, really? "Rockin' Robin"?

Adam: Everything says I should find this guy insanely hot (oh how I love the gays), but there's some kind of a disconnect. I thought he did well, but I'm going to reserve judgement for now.

Matt: Considering I had to think for a while to remember who Matt was... I love "Human Nature," and he did a fine job, but he's like Elliott Yamin to me. I recognize his talent, but it's not my taste.

Alexis: Very interesting song choice! I thought she did well and actually agreed with Paula (WTF?) about the oversinging.

My favorites of the night: Anoop, Kris, Alexis, Allison
Least favorites: Jorge, Megan, Jasmine, Michael (again, on principle, since I didn't watch it)

And, because it can't be said enough, shut up, Randy.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Dual Idol blogs! I like it!!

- D.

3/12/2009 8:14 PM  
Blogger Dim said...

Wait...I just read this again. Adam's gay??

3/12/2009 9:17 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

He pings my dar.

3/12/2009 9:19 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3/12/2009 11:52 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Seriously, Dim. Jenny and I both have fine-tuned gaydar. Hers should work even better than mine, with her gay peeps and all. :P LOL. If she says he's gay, he's gay...even if he tries to claim he isn't.


(And that's all I have to comment on here, because I don't even know who these people are, really. I dislike the dead wife pimpage too, though. I know that much.)

3/13/2009 6:57 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

I was only kidding asking if he was gay. He pings my dar too. He wishes!!

3/13/2009 8:40 AM  
Blogger Dim said...

Come on. You HAVE to have thoughts after last night...

- D.

3/18/2009 6:55 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I do, just haven't had time to put them into words.

3/18/2009 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home