Thursday, October 02, 2008

Spreading the Word

Shan posted a link to an op-ed piece from Huffington about Palin, and I wanted to share it with the three people who read my blog who don't also read hers. Here's the piece. Shan posted some of her favorite parts, but mine is this:

Now, I want to be clear and speak directly to those of you who LOVED that Palin interview. You're an idiot. I mean that. This is not one of those cases where we're going to agree to disagree. This isn't one of those situations where we debate it passionately and then walk away thinking that the other guy is wrong but argued well. I'm not going to think of you as a thoughtful but misguided person with different ideas who still really cares about the country and the world. No, sorry, not this time. This time, if you watched that interview and weren't scared out of your freakin' mind, then you're mentally ill, mentally disabled, or mentally disturbed. What you are NOT is responsible, informed, curious, thoughtful, mature, educated, empathetic, or remotely serious. I mean it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

i have no idea what to do with this election. I don't care for either front runner.

10/02/2008 11:37 AM  
Blogger j said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/opinion/05rich.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

I think this one scared me because it sounds like if McCain wins, there's a good chance she'd get a shot at running the country before the term ended.

And that's what she's not able to conceal her excitement about.

10/05/2008 11:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

March - Uh oh, don't let Mr. A see that you're undecided.

J - Christ, that's scary.

10/06/2008 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home