Monday, December 31, 2007

Resolutions

How did I do on my 2007 resolutions?

1. Continue to eat better - I did ok...till Christmas. I gave up sweets, but of course at Christmas everyone gives you cookies and candy. I did manage to use more fresh ingredients though.

2. Exercise more - I did ok with this one too. I went walking/running a couple times and my dad and I rode bikes most weekends this summer.

3. Quit being so stagnant - I can check that one off now that I'm in grad school.

4. Stop giving a shit - I'm not sure what exactly I meant by this, but I think I did better at not taking things so personally.

Now, for my 2008 resolutions:

1. Cut down on smoking - This will be hard.

2. Continue to eat better - I'm completely giving up sweets now that most of the Christmas candy and cookies are gone.

3. Exercise More - Now that I have an MP3 player I'll have more motivation to go walking/running. Using a Walkman just wasn't cutting it!

4. Be more thankful for the things in my life - This is something I don't want to go into too much detail about, but it's something I need to do.

5. Take better care of myself - I've made some doctor's appointments that I've been putting off, but there's one thing I need to have checked out that I'm dragging my feet on. We'll see how this goes.

I hope everyone has a great and prosperous New Year! I plan to spend the rest of today and tomorrow watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger i i eee said...

Here's to 2008! Woot!

Happy New Year!

12/31/2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Good job on those resolutions! I'm heading back to the marathon myself. :) Happy New Year!

12/31/2007 8:25 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Resolutions are hard. Hope you're successful and that your dr. appt.'s go well! Happy '08!

1/01/2008 10:51 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVE The Twilight Zone. As a kid, I remember watching the marathon on Thanksgiving day. I looked forward to that all year!

1/01/2008 11:51 PM  
Blogger March2theSea said...

those sound like good ideas for 2008..

wishing you the best.

1/02/2008 10:57 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

good luck with the smoking!

1/02/2008 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home