Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ruined Music

Check out Ruinedmusic.com, where readers submit songs that are ruined for them for one reason or another (but usually by a bad break-up).

For me it's "What it Takes" by Aerosmith. I listened to that song after "breaking up" with my middle school "boyfriend." Picture me, feeling all maudlin, thinking, "Oh Jason, tell me how it is that you can sleep in the night without thinking you've lost everything that was good in your life to the toss of the dice?" Gag.

Another is "Vivrant Thing" by Q-Tip because that was on the radio one time while my last ex was getting gas and he was dancing around to it at the pump. If I knew then what I know now I would have shoved him to the ground, run over him a couple times, and driven away. Hindsight is 20/20.

Do any of you have ruined songs?

5 Comments:

Blogger Caroline said...

Jenny, I fowarded you a funny song via email. I tried to post it in my blog but I don't know how to do that.

Anyway, I hope that you like it!!

8/30/2006 7:32 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

"I don't have the heart", by James Taylor? Ingram? Wait, is it James? Anyhoo, that's the title; the rest? Who knows.

8/31/2006 12:38 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Thanks, Caroline.

noelle: I don't know who sings that song, but I know what you're talking about. That's a dentist office song.

9/01/2006 11:08 AM  
Blogger N.F. said...

This guy in H.S. gave me a tape with that song on it. I *thought* I LOVED.HIM. For YEARS, literally, when I'd hear that song it would choke me up. It's the worst song ever for a guy to give a girl! But of course NOW, i see that he "didn't have the heart" to hurt me, which is kind of nice. We're good friends now. :)

HAHAHAHA, I'm writing this comment, and I can remember AS IF IT WERE YESTERDAY how it felt when he gave me that tape. Man OH man.

9/01/2006 11:38 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

LOL I'm glad you guys got to keep being friends though!

9/04/2006 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home