Monday, August 14, 2006

Weekend Update

How things have changed since last week at this time. I found out on Friday evening that my best friend of about 18 years, known as Rusty to all of you, is moving 7.5 hours away. Our whole lives we've been no more than 15 minutes away from each other. It just goes to show you that you shouldn't take anything for granted because you never know how quickly life can change. It's going to be weird, but the non-selfish part of me wishes her a hearty congratulations and the best of luck!

On Saturday I cleaned in the morning and then went out to dinner and a movie with Rusty and L. for one last hurrah.

Yesterday I didn't do anything of consequence. The weather was so gorgeous over the weekend! I wish the weather could be like that all the time, except maybe it can get cold for one week around Christmas and New Year's Day.

I'm so bummed today. The combination of Rusty moving, this whole insurance rigmarole, raging PMS (I'm convinced I have PMDD, not PMS), and the (at least what I perceive as) harsher-than-necessary comments on my insurance post are bumming me out. It's not unusual for me to feel as depressed and hopeless as a 13-year-old boy at this time of my cycle, but when I add situational stressors onto that, it's not pretty.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow is better than today.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dim said...

Sorry if you felt my comment was harsh. I definitely didn't intend to piss you off.

8/14/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I don't take blog comments personally. I don't think it's healthy to. Also, if we were all in person talking about this, I don't think things would get this heated. :)

P.S. I'm missing Rusty too, and I only see her about 1% of the time that you do.

8/14/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Dude, it's ok. I'm not pissed at all, I'm just bummed in general and when I'm bummed I take every little thing as a personal attack.

B, I know what you mean. I wrote Rusty an e-mail trying to make us feel better and at first she took it as me belittling (sp? don't feel like looking it up) her feelings.

8/14/2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

for what it's worth, nice job stirring the pot - i enjoyed seeing how testy everyone got!

sorry you 'losing' rusty. a long time ago i was the one who moved away from my friends...

8/15/2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Jenny, rest assured that your bummed-ness yesterday was matched by mine at the thought of driving away from York and you. As excited as I am, the fact remains that I left my best friend of nearly 20 years, and that hurts. BUT...we've already discussed this, and we're going to make it work out. 20 years of best-friendship can't be erased by 7.5 hours. You know I love you.

8/15/2006 9:16 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Funky: It's in NC, so I think I might plan a mid-January trip :)

Hotwire: Tell me about it. You would have thought I wrote a post extolling the virtues of Hitler or something.

Rusty: Of course! And I know it's worse for you because you're leaving everything (not to make you any more upset!)

8/15/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

when you call the institution of marrage bullshit, did you really expect everyone to give you the 'thumbs up'?

good to argue with you!

8/15/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Man, I'm away a few days and miss all the fireworks!

Sorry about Rusty... I have had friends (two very close ones) move far far away.

It sucks but that's why there are hoildays!

8/15/2006 6:03 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Wow, so much has changed since I was Internet-accessible. I'm sorry to hear your good friend is moving away. :(

8/20/2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home