Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Vacation Log

On Saturday I got my oil changed and went to Denny's with my dad who is the only person awake at 7:30 AM on Saturday. After that I went home, washed my car, and then went on another bike ride with my dad. This one was only 7 miles and it wasn't 96 degrees out, so I didn't feel like I wanted to die at the end. Saturday afternoon I watched Hellcab, which was excellent. It's a slice-of-life indie about a cab driver and his various fares on Christmas Eve. John Cusack, Julianne Moore, Gillian Anderson, and Laurie Metcalf star, but the real star of the movie is Paul Dillon, who plays the cabbie.

On Sunday I washed all the windows inside and out and then did nothing else all day and it was glorious.

Yesterday my mom and I went to IKEA in Baltimore (I only spent $25!) and then headed over to The Avenues, a mall that is a billion times better than anything we have in York. We hit Barnes and Noble, the Yankee Candle store, and AC Moore. We ate at Don Pablo's since there aren't any chain Mexican restaurants in York now that Chi-Chis is gone. It was a good, but tiring, day; I'm not a shopper.

Today I don't have anything planned either. I'll do a little laundry and maybe cook some stuff to freeze for work lunches.

Coming up: Hersheypark with Chris, which was supposed to be tomorrow, but the weather looks like it'll be nicer on Thursday; Wegman's with Rusty; neighborhood crab feast on Saturday.

9 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

sounds like a great vacation so far!

Also I am up at 730 on Saturdays so me and your dad make 2..but then again so are the little marches most time..so that makes 4.

7/11/2006 11:24 AM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Yay, Wegman's!

7/11/2006 1:16 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Wegman's is awesome! We had so much fun.

7/11/2006 6:56 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

HAHA... I thought I would be the only one to comment on the awesomeness of Wegmans. We've got one here in State College... I've never been more grateful!

Hope you're enjoying the vacation... You should come check out the Arts Fest!

7/11/2006 7:00 PM  
Blogger N.F. said...

Did you leave empty handed from Barnes & Noble? If you did, you are my NEW idol, and no, I don't mean American.

tee hee. :)

7/11/2006 7:58 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

this made me very homesick - i grew up in Baltimore and my folks live in York.

Have fun at Hersheypark! Ride the Big Bear coaster once for me...

7/12/2006 6:32 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I almost missed this post. I visit here from an RSS feed and for some reason this was showing up as being posted on Saturday, which would have been pretty hard to do unless you know the future. :)

Anyway, sounds nice, doing regular stuff with loved ones. Those are the moments we'll cherish forever. :)

7/12/2006 9:57 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

March: Yeah, I suppose having kids makes you get up earlier.

Nomad and Rusty: It was awesome!

Gina: Now we need to get one down here.

Noelle: Yes I did. I'm very cheap.

Funky: But you have so many awesome stores that we don't have!

Hotwire: I will!

Renee: Sometimes I wish I did know the future.

7/13/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I was never a fan of Boscov's. You have IKEA!!

7/18/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home