Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Long Weekend With a Bit of an Interruption

Hey, everyone! I'm not dead, I've just been sort of busy. I hope you all had a good 4th. Miraculously I was hangover-free on Sunday morning. I'm sure I sweat all of the alcohol out of my system Saturday night though. It was horribly hot and I get sweaty at even the slightest amount of alcohol, much less a third of a bottle of rum. I didn't fall asleep until 5 A.M., and now I remember why I don't like getting drunk.

I went to my parents' house for a cookout on Sunday. On Monday I had to go to work and it was pretty much a pointless day, but we got out early which is always appreciated. What I didn't appreciate was that it took me 20 minutes to drive 2 blocks trying to get out of the city. After work I went to Cracker Barrel with Rusty and L and had awesome catfish. We went miniature golfing and then back to L's place to watch Hell's Kitchen (
March's favorite show) which turned out to be preempted by Mr. Deeds. When I arrived home, Chris was watching Mr. Deeds and I briefly considered leaving him.

Yesterday
morning I went on a hellacious bike ride with my dad on the York County Heritage Rail Trail. I haven't ridden a bike in years and every bone and muscle in my body is in pain. I'd say we went around 13 miles. He says less, but I was going by the mile markers which I assume are right. I came home and hopped (well, hobbled) in the shower. I needed to get gas and hit up the ATM, but when I got out of the shower it was thundering pretty loudly. Being the genius that I am, I got dressed and ready quickly and went out to do my errands. As soon as I got in my car it started pouring, but I pressed on. Wouldn't you know that the second I finished and got home it stopped raining. I take that as a lesson that I should be more patient. After that I finished watching The Last Temptation of Christ and took a nap. I made Alton Brown's pan-seared steak recipe for dinner, which I think might be my first entry on the recipe blog because it was awesome. I decided against fireworks because I was so tired and had to open the office today, but Chris and I lit sparklers instead.

Emmy nominees come out tomorrow and I'm going to bust some skulls if The Office crew isn't recognized. It would be nice to see Arrested get some recognition too.

A good portion of my last couple days off were spent playing
Cake Mania, a Yahoo game. I don't even want to think about how many hours I wasted, which is a big reason why I haven't blogged.

I finished reading Kitchen Confidential; a review will be up shortly.

13 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Glad you're back JG! When the recipe blog be up? I would love a good steak recipe.

I too had to watch some of Mr. Deeds...

7/05/2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Go Office! I've ridden some of the rail trails up in Wayne County - pretty fun - nice views.

7/05/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Ah...the Cake game. I knew you pay homage to it sooner or later.

7/05/2006 4:04 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

'last temptation of christ' and 'the office' in the same post? nicely done!

7/05/2006 5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Hotwire. And an Alton Brown meal. Nice.

7/05/2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

oh my god, i forgot all about your recipe blog!

7/05/2006 8:49 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

what is the link?

7/05/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Did you enjoy the movie?

7/06/2006 6:51 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

B: If it's ok with Rusty, I'm hoping to have the recipe blog up this weekend. I posted my steak recipe last night, but Rusty was in charge of the Template. I want to make sure she's happy with it before I link to it.

Nomad: I love the rail trails. They're relatively flat and for the most part the scenery is gorgeous.

Rusty: I tried to buy it twice, but both times Yahoo was having technical difficulties. I think that's a sign that I shouldn't buy it.

Hotwire and Freshairlove: Yeah, I'm pretty random :).

Gina: See my response to B :)

Annoyed: There were some things I liked and some things I didn't. I'll have to post a review.

7/06/2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

I really admire your relationship with your dad. You think he'd adopt me? :)

7/06/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Mr. A said...

Look forward to reading it!

It's one of my personal loves... I've made most of my friends from Catholic School watch it with great feedback

7/06/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Renee, It hasn't all been peaches and cream. In high school he said to me, "We tried forever to have a child, and then we had you."

7/06/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Damn, that's kinda effed up. :(

7/07/2006 9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home