Sunday, July 16, 2006

Vacation Log, Part 3

On Friday Chris and I went to Hersheypark (warning, annoying music). It was extremely hot, but we had fun. Amusement parks are always prime people-watching locations. You have the ubiquitous fat women in bikinis, the girls who insist on wearing mini skirts and stilettos, and 7-year-olds wearing shirts that say "Heartbreaker" and "Kiss These." I saw a girl in a cardigan sweater (!!) and a guy in work boots and black jeans. There was also a couple practically having sex in line. Nothing horns me up like standing in a line in 90+ degree weather with hundreds of sweaty people.

Last night was the annual neighborhood crab feast that my parents' next door neighbors have. It doesn't get any better than hard shells and beer, especially when they're free. I also discovered that I really like Riesling. A lot. Possibly too much...

I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow. I'm still on a 12-9 sleeping schedule which doesn't mesh well with having to leave at 7:30 for work. I don't even want to think about how much shit I'll have to do tomorrow.

And now for some randomness:

I read in the paper today that the woman who created Kwanzaa is from York.

Bobby Flay is hot. I must have a thing for men who cook: Alton Brown, Gordon Ramsay, Bobby...

Have you all seen that Hummer commercial where two women are at the playground with their children and woman #2's child butts in front of woman #1's child so woman #1 goes out and buys a Hummer to make herself feel more self-assured and powerful? That boils my blood. What they see as a selling point I see as a reason (among many) not to buy a Hummer.

Chris finally got around to building my new computer and as soon as he finds his spare DVD drive I'm going to be playing Sims 2 obsessively. If I don't blog for a while it's because I'm giving my Sims a life that I'll never have.

It's hot as Hades here. I'm ready for fall!

Does anyone have any idea what it means when the top of your thigh is numb? Not tingly, just numb.

10 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

I thought Kwanzaa was created by Maulana Karenga. He teaches at Long Beach State. Well, shows how much I know ...

I've seen the Hummer commercial and thought it was ridiculous. A good slap would have sufficed. :)

I don't know about the thigh thing but it doesn't sound good.

7/16/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Mmmmm...crabs. I have a sweatshirt that says, "Mike's Crab Shack, No one leaves here without crabs." I only wear it around my house though. :)

7/16/2006 5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Hades reference.

Um, Tyler Florence tickles my fancy.

Stiletto heels at the amusement park. My feet hurt thinking about it.

7/16/2006 7:24 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Tyler Florence is my hot man on the Food Network, too. :) Jenny and I say "hot as Hades" all the time!

Wish I had been at the crab feast this year. :( Bummer.

7/16/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

It was 103 degrees here today. I'm looking foward to spending the entire day in air conditioning tommorrow.

I've never been to Hershey Park. I'm not a huge amusement park person. Nice commentary on people's outfits. Hehe. You sound like me!!! Sometimes I really don't understand why people wear what they wear sometimes.

I love Bobby Flay too. :-)

7/16/2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

Anthony Bourdain calls him "that hunky Bobby Flay". That makes me giggle.

I second Alton Brown. Chef and science nerd? Yes, please :)

Jamie Oliver's my go-to kitchen cutie, though.

7/17/2006 2:22 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Renee, well the paper could be wrong. And I agree with the slap thing!

7/18/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

B: I'd wear it in public.

Fresh and Rusty: Tyler's hot too!

Caroline: Hershey's great but then again, I love rides.

Nomad: Damn, I forgot Jamie!

7/18/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

crabs and beer, how i miss them so... we used to sit at a picnic table for almost an entire day and pick crabs and drain a keg.

i have a 'got crabs?' shirt from a restaurant in baltimore.

7/19/2006 5:48 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

That would be my dream day.

7/20/2006 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home