Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Vacation Log, Part 2

Yesterday Rusty and I went back down to Maryland--after I dropped off my car at the mechanic, more on that later--to Wegman's, which is the most awesome grocery store ever. We need to get one of those up here, but we probably won't. Everything was gorgeous: the produce, the flowers, the meat, the seafood... I think it has to do with the fact that they use incandescent light. They also had awesome stuff from different countries.

On to the car thing. I got an oil change at my regular place on Saturday. I noticed whenever I turned my car on there was a rumbling sound that was louder than usual. It wasn't a bad sound, just different. I was on my way to pick Rusty up with my AC on and I started to smell oil. I went over to my parents' house, my dad opened the hood, and there it was: they never put the cap back on. There was oil all over my engine block, hence the smell. They cleaned it up, although they didn't do the best job. Oh well, at least I didn't drive the 60 miles round-trip to work without a cap on.

Today I didn't do anything except two loads of laundry, and tomorrow, as long as the weather holds up, Chris and I are going to Hersheypark. My boss called and I am getting a promotion-type thing. More on that when/if it actually happens. I don't want to jinx anything.

Wish me luck; I'm playing Powerball today!

5 Comments:

Blogger N.F. said...

Powerball is the big lotto thing, right?

7/12/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

The Wegman's in Hunt Valley? That place is EVIL. Do you hear me? EVIL EVIL EVIL.

7/12/2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Rusty said...

Share your winnings with the little folk, Jen!

What's wrong with that Wegman's, Snay? Do Baltimoreans hate it or something?

7/13/2006 1:47 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Yeah baby! Congratulations and well wishes!

7/13/2006 9:27 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Autumn: I'd spend so much money if I went there regularly.

Noelle: Yep, and I didn't win anything.

Mal: LOL Why?

Rusty: You know if I won millions I'd give you $10 :).

Renee: Thanks!

7/13/2006 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home