Monday, June 26, 2006

Weekend Update

My weekend wasn't too interesting. The weather was crappy the whole time, and it looks like it's going to be crappy all week. I was off on Friday to get my chipped hillbilly tooth fixed and went to dinner at the Olive Garden with some old co-workers.

On Saturday I went to Chris's cousin's wedding. I watched
Stand By Me that evening, and it was excellent! I was amazed at the children's acting ability. It's worth renting, even if it's only for the great performance by a 20-year-old Kiefer Sutherland. A little bit of trivia from IMDB: Kiefer's full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland. Talk about overkill!

On Sunday I pretty much did nothing.

On a side note, London is now only the
fifth most expensive city in the world, so maybe I'll afford to go there sometime before I die!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rusty said...

Jenny forgot to mention that she penciled me in on Friday, only to bump me out of the way when something better came along. *sigh* I get no respect.

This rain is starting to piss me off! You never know if you can do anything outside, and carrying an umbrella all over is a pain in the ass. You know the rain is bad here when a friend in Mississippi says, "Hey, I saw that York is getting a lot of rain...any flooding?" York doesn't usually get discussed nationally, so I guess that just shows how much rain we're getting...

6/26/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Lies! I knew about OG since the 14th. I cancelled our plans so we could go there when we had more than 2 hours :). I guess we need the rain but I'm starting to wonder if I should build an ark.

6/26/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I just saw on the weather channel that 2 people were trapped inside their car in Greencastle due to the water. What's that about? Still raining here...

6/26/2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Gina Thompson said...

I've been to London, Jenny, and I recommend it VERY VERY highly. I'm not even really a city girl, but I just couldn't get enough of London. I could totally see myself living there (poor, of course) and riding the Tube to my crappy teaching job in a bad section of the city. Oh dreams!

6/26/2006 7:17 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

(Aging as I write this) I saw Stand By Me, in the theatre, on my first date ever. Great first-ever date movie, 'cause he could totally relate to those boys, and I was really into River Phoenix, so...awesome.

Dave's at a summer camp in NE Penn - he said the bed of his truck was filled with rainwater yesterday, and that the Delaware was higher than he'd ever seen it.

Don't get washed away!

6/26/2006 9:25 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

It's still raining here too, B.

Gina, going to London is one of the two things I want to do before I die.

LOL, nomad, that worked out for you then! I can believe that we've had enough rain to fill a truck bed!

6/27/2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Meadow said...

Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland

Good Lord ...

6/27/2006 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home