Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Haven't Adandoned You

I've been completely busy at work lately and I'm having trouble keeping up with all my blog buddies' new posts let alone writing one of my own. I have a couple random things to write about; nothing earth-shattering. Not that my blog is usually the place to come for thoughtful musings on the state of the world today.

Bloglines has been helping me to keep up with all of your posts. I love it! Instead of going to every blog several times a day, hoping expectantly for a new post, bloglines tells me when the site is updated. It's not saving me time since I have a million other sites on there, but it does save me some mouse clicks.

I watched Alton Brown's new show, Feasting on Asphalt, on Saturday. I adore Alton but I was pretty meh on the show. I'm getting a little tired of Food Network's road trip theme this summer. Food Network, I'm aware that good, cheap food exists. It's what we peons eat. I think I'll stick to Good Eats. At least the Good Eats behind-the-scenes show that came on before FoA was good.

Pop Culture Junk Mail posted a link to a website that had stupid comics. My favorites are this one, about a fat woman whose boss forces her to lose weight and they fall in love with each other when she does; this one, which is actually a collection of panels, most of which had me literally laughing out loud at my desk; and this one about a *gasp* lesbian who overcomes her lesbianism by falling in love with a boy. My favorite part of the lesbian one is this panel: "And there was the time I cut in for a lay-up and ran into Fred Reese. I was mortified." The commentator says this: "Why this guy was walking across the gymnasium in the middle of a game is anybody's guess, but I suppose if you've got a "thing" for girl jocks that's the way to meet them."

That's all for now! I hope everyone's doing well!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mr. A said...

I'm just thankful that when I click on this link that friggin' bug isn't the first thing I see now!

8/02/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger pog mo thoin said...

Holy Crap! That comic site is priceless! I just finished the fat one and whoever is writing the commentary is brilliant! Thanks for the link!

8/02/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Shannon Morgan said...

"In a few short hours...I was in love again! Sleep did it for me...sleep and Jerry's love!"

OMG so awesome.

8/02/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

Annoyed: Yeah, sorry about that :)

Pog: I still laugh when I read it even though I've read it a million times.

Nomad: I know! Gotta love those glimpses into romances of the past.

8/04/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger katiedid said...

I love Bloglines... so, so handy.

And pcjm, too... always something funny or interesting there. I loved those stupid comics. They have some other funny things on that site, too. (I looked around in the "extras" section.)

You and the Alton, heh! So sorry the new show isn't quite up to snuff, but hey... it's still Alton, right?

8/06/2006 7:49 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

So addictive too!

She finds the funniest stuff online.

Yes, any Alton is good Alton.

8/07/2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home