Friday, February 03, 2006

Pandora

I was found the coolest thing in the world! It's Pandora.com, and you enter a band you like and they play songs by artists that are similar. Like a radio, but better. You can get a technical explanation of why they are playing a certain song. For example, when I picked Depeche Mode, they played Tainted Love by Soft Cell, and the reason they give is that "it features synth rock arranging, a subtle use of vocal harmony, mild rhythmic syncopation, a vocal-centric aesthetic and synthetic sonority." Launch and Netscape radio don't give you nearly as cool an explanation as that. And as I'm typing this they just started playing "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" by Dead or Alive, so I am now in love with them.

4 Comments:

Blogger March2theSea said...

i posted this on my blog a while back and recently went back and started using it a lot more. Its awesome to hear "new" bands.

2/03/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger B. said...

JG-Thanks for the link. I tried it out last night and found some interesting bands I've never heard of. That site is amazing!

2/04/2006 7:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

I know! How cool is this thing? omess - What does that tell you about Tool then?

2/04/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger Jenny G said...

And by the way, you're full of shit.

2/04/2006 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home